Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

Even though I can clear my head from the pain. I can't clear it completely from my heart. The pain of Zuko's betrayal are too deep to erase. I will never forget it... I will never forget the day he broke me. The day, that caused me to lose my bending. I won't forget what he did... never.

-Battling The Master-

Y/N P.O.V

Master Piandao focuses his attention on me. "You told me that you feel like you lost your identity. But it's still in you all along. It's in here and here..." he said, placing his hand on his chest and head. He gesture Fat to hand me my dual swords. I stand up and take it from him. I carefully pull them out of the scabbard. I place it on the ground and focus on the dual swords.

They're made of meteorite, so the blades are black

They're made of meteorite, so the blades are black. I smile softly to myself, realizing how beautiful they are. I place them back inside the scabbard. I turn to Master Piandao and bow at him. He smiles and bows back. Then he turns to look at Sokka.

"You told me you didn't know if you were worthy, but I believe that you are more worthy than any man I have ever trained" he said. Sokka's face shines with happiness. But then he looks down.

"I'm sorry, Master. You're wrong. I am not worthy. I'm not who you think I am. I'm not from the Fire Nation. I'm from the Southern Water Tribe. I lied so that I could learn swordsmanship from you. I'm sorry" he said. He offers his sword back to Master Piandao.

"I'm sorry, too" Master Piandao said. He lift his hand and Fat swings his dual sword at me. I jump out of the way and pulls out mine. I block his attack. Out of the corner of my eyes I can see Master Piandao doing the same to Sokka.

"No, this is our fight" Sokka said. I turn my head a little and notice Aang and the others trying to come for us. "Yeah... we have to handle this. Alone" I said. I turn to focus on Fat.

He swings his dual swords at me. I manage to avoid each attack. I swing down and use the non-sharp side of my sword, hitting it behind Fat's feet to get him off-balance. I place my dual swords on either side of his neck on scissor position.

I turn my head to look at Master Piandao. He lift his hand as Fat who have walked away, throw scabbard of the master's sword at him. He lift his sword up and the scabbard slides smoothly on the blade.

"I think I'm a little old to be fighting the Avatar" he said. My eyes widened in shock. I walk towards them and stand next to my brother.

"How did you know?" Aang said. I stare at Master Piandao with a confused expression. "Oh, I've been around a while. You pick things up. Of course, I knew from the beginning that Sokka was Water Tribe. You might want to think of a better Fire Nation cover name. Try "Lee." There's a million "Lees"" he said. He turns to look at me.

"And I know for a fact that your name didn't seem similar to the female Avatar. You are the female Avatar. Which kind of make me curious... why'd you chose to wield the dual swords" he said. I look down at his question.

"I lost my bending after waking up from a coma..." I said. My hand starts to tremble a little as I said that. I can see Master Piandao's eyes widening a little.

"How did it happened?" He said. "It's a long story, master..." I said. He nods his head. "Then you better start, hmm?" He said. I nod my head and sit down in front of him. I start to tell him what happened back in Ba Sing Se.

I can see his expression changing when I mention Zuko's name. I can see a mix emotion flooding in his eyes. Which makes me stare at him in curiosity.

"Do you... by any chance knows Zuko?" I asked. He opens his eyes and stares at me. "I don't just know him... I used to teach him" he said. I blink my eyes in surprise at what he said.

"Now I understand why you chose the dual swords. You want to remind yourself of the pain..." he said. I look down and nod my head. "Yes... to remind myself of the hurt he inflicted on me" I said.

"Avatar Y/N... a way of hatred and anger isn't the way to cope with pain. If you focus on these negative emotions, it would only bring chaos into you and those around you" he said. He called me Avatar... but I don't think I'm worthy. How can I be the Avatar when I can't bend the elements anymore.

"I'm no longer the Avatar, Master... I have no bending anymore..." I said, keeping my head down. I feel tears slowly building up in my eyes.

"You will always be the Avatar, Y/N. No matter how hard to try to erase the fact. It is within you. It is your identity. As for your element bending. I'm sure someday they'll come back. Like I said... you have a block inside your mind. Free yourself. Only then... you'll see the things you are meant to see..." he said. My eyes glisten with tears as I try to let his word sink in.

"Thank you, Master..." I said. He walks towards me and place a hand on my shoulder. "I believe in you, Avatar Y/N..." he said. I smile and take a few steps back. I bow towards him and he do the same.

We leave the castle. But before we could take any step further, Fat comes running for us. "Wait! The Master wanted you to have this, as something to remember him by" he said. He hands something to Sokka.

"It's a Pai Sho tile..." Sokka said. I stare at it and notice a white lotus symbol. "The White Lotus, huh?" Aang said. "What does it mean?" Katara said. "I have no idea..." Sokka said.

He turns to look at Toph. "Ooh, that reminds me! Toph, I thought you might like this since you've probably never had a chance to bend space earth before" he said, giving her a small part of the meteorite we used to create our swords.

Toph take it from him. "Sweet! Check this out!" She said. She starts to morph it into various of shapes. I smile at her excitement. She looks so happy to try something new.

'Something new...' I thought to myself. I turn my head to look at the sword I've strapped on my waist. I just have to get used to the fact I'm not a bender anymore. Maybe being a sword fighter isn't so bad.

"You know, I don't think there's such a thing as "space earth". If it's from space, then it's not really "earth"." Katara suddenly said. Sokka turns to look at her with an unamused expression.

"Must you ruin everything?" He said. Katara just rolls her eyes. "I can't believe I missed you" she said. I cover my lips, as I start to giggle softly. Everyone eventually starts to laugh along. Aang wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk away from Master Piandao's castle.

*to be continued*