Chapter 83

Previously on Chapter 82

We finally pull away. He place another soft kiss on my forehead. "I'll wait outside for you to get ready" he said. I smile and nod my head. He turns around and walks out of the room. I start to get ready for the day.

-Reconciliation-

Y/N P.O.V

The village decided they'd hold a festival. Everyone see very excited about it. Of course, me and the gang decided to give a hand on the preparation. Which is why, everyone is so busy with their parts.

"We're going to need a lot of coals..." Sokka said, as he observes the materials. I hum softly and turn to look at Zuko. Jet is standing not far from where we are.

"Jet and Zuko... can you guys go and gather some? The rest of us will handle everything else" I said. Jet frowns at what I said. "Why me? And why him?" He said, pointing a finger at Zuko with a distaste look on his face.

"Well, you're both not really doing much. The rest of us are busy. So?" I said, while placing my hands on my hips. He let out a sigh and glance at Zuko. He just turns around and walks away.

Zuko scowls at his action and turn to look at me. "Y/N... are you sure this is a good idea?" He asked. I just smile reassuringly at him. "Of course. This could be a chance for you both to try and get along" I said. He let out a sigh and nods his head. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my forehead.

He turns around and walks away to Jet. Surprisingly, Jet actually waits for Zuko to catch up. I just smile at the two of them.

"Try not to fight, you two!!" I yelled out. Zuko turns to look at me and smiles softly, while Jet just keeps on walking. I let out a sigh and turn around, trying to see if anyone needs a hand. I sure hope those two'll finally find peace with each other.

Zuko P.O.V

I just walk in silent as we try to gather the stuff for the charcoals. Neither of us seem interested to strike a conversation, which makes the situation awkward between us. It's not like I have a problem with him. It's him... he hates me!

"Just because Y/N forgives all your deeds. Doesn't mean the rest of us will" he said. I turn to look at him. I let out a sigh and runs my hand through my hair.

"Yeah. I figured that much..." I said. He clicked his tongue and speeds up. I shake my head and sighs again. Seriously, Y/N... what are you thinking? Why did you pair me up with this guy?

***

Jet and I have gathered quite a decent amount of coals. Not much words are shared between us. I did try to strike a conversation, but he just gave me a cold shoulder. In the end, I just give up trying to befriend him.

We need to cross a bridge. It's the only way if we want to reach the village. I look forward and notice there's a crack on the one of the first wood planks. Jet is walking straight towards it.

"Jet, stop!!" I yelled out. He turns his head over his shoulder to look at me. "Huh?" He said. He steps on the crack, which makes him fall through. I quickly rush forward and grabs his hand. There's a strong stream of water beneath us. If he falls in, he's not going to make it.

"Give me your other hand!" I said, offering my free hand. I've entangled my feet on the rope to support our weights. He struggles to reach up. But eventually he succeeded in giving me his other hand. With all of my strength, I pull him back up to the bridge.

He panted heavily, as he lay on the ground. "Are you okay?" I asked. He turns to look at me and nod his head, letting me know that he's alright. I let out a sigh of relief and let my body fall back, laying on the ground.

"You saved me... you could have fall in too. But you took the risk and saved me" he said. I turn to look at her. He looks at anywhere but me. He sits up and rubs the back of his neck.

"I guess... you're not as bad as I thought you were..." he said. I move to sit up as well, staring at him with a look of surprise. "You really think so?" I said. He just nod his head.

"But I still hate you" he said, turning to look at me with a serious gaze. "Oh..." I said, looking down. I hear a soft laughter coming from Jet. I turn to look at him as he burst out laughing.

I raise an eyebrow at him. Eventually, I start to laugh along. He playfully punched me on the shoulder, and I playfully push him.

"Does this means you've forgiven me?" I asked, after we stop laughing. He stops laughing and turn to me. "Well... I guess" he said. I grin widely, feeling happy that I finally gained his forgiveness. I offer my hand for a handshake. He smiles and accepts my hand.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I probably shouldn't have sent those two together. It is almost night time, but there's no sign of Zuko and Jet. Did something happen to them?

I feel a hand on my shoulder, making me jump while letting out a shriek. I turn my head to see it's Katara. She must have notice the worried look on my face and came over. She send me a soft smile.

"If you're worried about those two. Don't be... I'm sure they're fine" she said. I was right, she did came over because of my worry. I give her a small smile. I let out a sigh.

"I shouldn't have sent those two together, when I know how much Jet hates Zuko..." I said. Katara pulls me into a side hug. She rubs my back softly, trying to comfort me.

"Don't overthink... I'm sure they're fine" she said. I just nod my head, placing my chin on her shoulder. Yeah... hopefully they're fine.

A sound of laughters reaches my ear which makes me pull away from Katara. I turn my head to the sound to see Zuko and Jet, walking together and laughing. My eyes widened at the sight of them. I smile softly, letting out a relieved sigh.

"Zuko!" I yelled out. I run towards them, throwing my arms around my boyfriend's neck. "Woah..." he yelped, stumbling a little. But he manage to keep himself balanced.

"I was so worried about you. You guys didn't fight, right?" I asked. I turn my head to look at Jet, then back at Zuko. They turn to look at each other and smiles, making me gasp in surprise.

"Nope... we're good now, right buddy?" Jet said. He lift his fist at Zuko. I turn my head to look at Zuko as he smiles and nods his head. He fist-bump with Jet, while smiling brightly at him.

"Yep... we're good" he said. I let out a sigh of relief and wrap my arms around his torso. Finally, these two made up. Jet finally forgives Zuko. Hopefully, he'd be able to forgive the rest of the Fire Nation.

"What exactly happened?" I asked, pulling away to look at him. Zuko just chuckles as he ruffles my hair. "That's a secret~" he said, making me pout at him. Zuko and Jet just burst out laughing at my reaction.

"You're mean..." I said, pouting. They just wrap their arms around each other, still laughing. I roll my eyes and cross my arms across my chest, sulking. Zuko just wrap his arm around me, placing a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"Thank you, love... guess there is a good outcome from your plan. The two of us ended up reconciling, isn't that right?" he said. He turns to look Jet, who nods his head in agreement.

I just smile happily at the sight of them. It doesn't matter what happened... I guess. What matters is these two no longer hate each other. Hopefully, the rest of the villagers will forgive them too.

*to be continued*