Chapter 42

Previously on Chapter 41

I let out a sigh and walk towards Y/N. I gently pick her up and place her on my lap. I hug her closer. Tears starts to stream down both of my cheeks. I'm sorry... I couldn't protect you better, sis. I'm so sorry..

-Anger And Sadness-

Aang P.O.V

"Why would he try to fool us like that?" Katara said. "Obviously he wants to lead us into some kind of trap" Sokka said. "This is just like when we were in prison together at Ba Sing Se. He starts talking about his mother and making it seem like he's an actual human being with feelings" Katara said.

"He wants you to trust and feel sorry for him so you let your guard down, then he strikes" Sokka said, staring at Katara. "The thing is, it worked. I did feel sorry for him. I felt like he was really confused and hurt, but obviously, when the time came, he made his choice, and we paid the price. We can't trust him" she said.

"I kind of have a confession to make. Remember when you two were sick and Y/N and I got captured by Zhao?" I said, after being silence for a while. "And you made us suck on frozen frogs? How could I forget? I had a wart on the flap that hangs down from the back of my throat for a month!" Sokka said.

"Sokka, I looked at it, and I told you, there was nothing there!" Katara said, in exasperation. He turns to look at her. "I could feel it! It's my throatal flap!" He said, opening his mouth while pointing at it.

"Anyway, when Zhao had me chained up, it was Zuko who came in and got us out. He risked his life to save us" I said, ignoring their little bickering. "No way! I'm sure he only did it so he could capture you himself!" Katara said, completely not believing me. Sokka nods his head in agreement.

"Yeah, face it Aang, you're nothing but a big prize to him" he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. "You're probably right" I said. "And what was all that crazy stuff about setting Appa free? What a liar!" Katara said.

"Actually, he wasn't lying" Toph said, who's been completely silent these whole time. "Oh, hooray! In a lifetime of evil, at least he didn't add animal cruelty to the list" Sokka said, sarcastically. I can tell that made Toph slightly irritated. But she manage to keep a calm face on.

"I'm just saying that, considering his messed-up family and how he was raised, he could have turned out a lot worse" she said. "You're right, Toph! Let's go find him and give him a medal. The "not as much of a jerk as you could have been" award!" Katara said.

"All I know is that while he was talking to us, he was sincere. Maybe you're all just letting your hurt feelings keep you from thinking clearly" Toph said, ignoring what Katara said.

"Easy for you to say! You weren't there when he had us attacked by pirates!" She said. "Or when he burned down Kyoshi Island!" Sokka said, backing Katara up.

"Or when he tried to capture me at the Fire Temple!" I said. "Why would you even try to defend him?" Katara said. "Because Katara, you're all ignoring one crucial fact: Aang needs a firebending teacher! Y/N too, if she ever gets her bending back!" Toph said, angrily while pointing at my chest.

"We can't think of a single person in the world to do the job! Now one shows up on a silver platter, and you won't even think about it?" She added, while stomping her feet on the ground which makes it shakes.