Chapter 70

Previously on Chapter 69

"Whatever makes the training feel more realistic" Sokka said. Toph grins at what he said. "Sweetness" she said. I let out a nervous chuckle by how excited she looks. This is going to be a tough training.

-This Is Too Intense-

Y/N P.O.V

"Mwah-ha-ha-ha!" Toph laugh, evilly. I sweat-drop at how intense she's taking this whole tryout thing. I turn to look at Aang, who turn to me. "I think this is too intense... don't you think so, brother?" I asked. He let out a nervous chuckle at what I said.

"Tell me about it" he muttered. I let out a soft sigh and shrugs my shoulder. "Well... at least someone's having fun" I said. He nods his head in agreement. I turn to focus on the training session. If Toph going to take this training like a real war, might as well do the same. As intense as this training would be, it's not going to come near to the real thing.

I watch as Sokka and Suki rushes forward. The two of them works together in taking down the statues, that represents the Fire Nation soldiers. They keep running forward, as a flaming boulder crashes down in front of them. Suki jumps over it while Sokka falls down, a few inches away from the boulder.

"Watch it, Toph!" Sokka yelled out. Toph laughs at what he said. "I am not Toph. I am Melon Lord! Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!" She said, laughing like a maniac.

"This is too intense, Toph... you're taking this a little too seriously" I said. She obviously didn't hear me, as she lit up another boulder on fire. She sends it through the air towards Katara and Zuko. The two of them circles around it and swiftly destroys the stone soldiers.

"Now, Y/N! Aang!!" Sokka yelled out. Aang and I give each other a quick nod. We jumps forward. I rush towards the Melon Lord. I bend some water, forming it into ice. I was about to destroy the Melon Lord, when a flash of the real Fire Lord appears in front of my eyes, stopping me mid-way.

"What are you two waiting for? Take him down!" Zuko said, realizing neither of us do anything. I turn away from the Melon Lord and drops on my knees. I shake my head.

"I can't..." Aang said. Sokka walks up to the two of us. "What's wrong with you two? If this was the real deal, you'd be shot full of lightning right now..." he said.

"I'm sorry, but it just didn't feel right. I didn't feel like myself" Aang said. I look down as I move to sit on my butt, hugging my knees. "Me neither..." I said in a hushed voice.

I turn my head to see Sokka taking out his sword. He turns to the Melon Lord and slice it down. I wince at the sound and looks away.

"There, that's how it's done" he said. I closes my eyes and stands up. I turn around and walks away. "Now where do you think you're going?" Sokka asked me. I stop walking for a few seconds. I let out a sigh, still not turning around.

"Meditating... I need some some time for myself to think. And... I need to talk to my parents... maybe they can help me out" I said. I start to walk again after that. I walk inside the room and finds a place where it's empty.

I walk towards the center and sit down, crossing my legs. I place my fists together and closes my eyes. I take a deep breath, letting myself relax.

Realm

"Mom... dad?" I called out, looking around the place for any signs of my parents. I slowly walk through the pathway.

"Where are they?" I mumbled, trying to find them

"Where are they?" I mumbled, trying to find them. I walk towards the house. "Mom! Dad!!" I called out, raising my voice a little because I think they didn't hear me the first time.

"We're in here, honey..." I hear my mom's voice. I quickly pick up my pace, following her voice. I end up by the lake. She's sitting on the stone while my dad lay down on the grassy ground.

"Mom! Dad!" I yelled out. She smiles softly at me as dad sits up. I slide down on the ground, wrapping my arms around him. They let out a soft laugh as they return my embrace.

"I miss you, mom... dad" I said, smiling softly as I pull away from them. Mom smiles as she gently caress my cheek. Dad ruffles my hair softly. "We miss you too, honey..." dad said. I smile happily at the two of them.

I move to sit across from them. I stare at the ground with a frown on my face. "What is it, sweetie? Did something bothers you?" Mom said. I turn to look at her.

"We did a little training session earlier. My friend Toph played the part as the enemy, using a melon. It was so intense, since she was taking it a little too seriously..." I said. I let out a soft giggle at the little memory, how Toph was enjoying herself.

"Then comes the moment where Aang and I need to destroy the melon. When we reached the melon... I saw a flashing image of the Fire Lord himself. And, I couldn't... I couldn't do it. I just can't bring myself to destroy it" I said. Tears starting to gather in my eyes as I recall what happened earlier.

Mom scoots closer to me, gently wrapping her arms around me. I lean my head on her shoulder as I cry softly. Dad gently caresses my hair, as an attempt to calm me down.

"You have a pure heart, Y/N" dad said. I pull away from mom's embrace and turn to look at him. "But it doesn't help my situation. I can't do it. I just can't bring myself to take the Fire Lord's life. I'm just not strong enough" I said. Mom places her hands on my shoulder, making me turn to look at her.

"Strength isn't determine by how you're able to take someone's life. But how you can spare a life..." she said. I just stare at her with a sad gaze. "And how will I spare his life?" I asked.

"Focus on your spiritual energy... let it guide you" dad said. I let out a sigh at what he said. "I've been trying so hard to train it. But I just can't seem to get stronger" I said. He smiles at what I said.

"Because you still have doubts in your heart, Y/N. To be able to release your true potential in your spiritual power, you have to accept who you are. Let go of the fear... and the doubts lingering inside your mind. It's the only way for you to awaken the true nature within you" he said. I just stare at him.

"Your mom and dad believes in you. You can do it, honey" mom said. I smile at the two of them and wrap my arms around them. They return the hug. I close my eyes as they place soft kisses on the side of my head.

End of Realm

I open my eyes, as I'm back in the real world. I let out a soft sigh and let my body fall backward on the ground. I stare at the ceiling above me as I recall what my parents told me.

I have doubt in my heart. That's what's been holding me back. Now that I think about it. I've always doubt myself that I'm able to do it. That I'm able to protect my brother and restore peace to the world. I always think that I'm not enough. So that's why I have been struggling to get things right. So in order to awaken my true nature... I have to accept who I am.

*to be continued*