Chapter 56

Previously on Chapter 55

"Who is down there?" The man said. He must be one of the sun warrior descendants. I mean, just look at his outfit. My eyes widened at the sight of the men. I thought Zuko said the sun warrior are extinct. The man have an angry look on his face. I gulp out of nervousness. We're in deeeep trouble, aren't we?

-The Sun Warrior-

Y/N P.O.V

The three of us are currently sitting in straight lines. There are three aardvark, licking the slimes from our bodies. I would let out a soft giggle every once in a while because of the tickling sensation.

"For trying to take our sunstone, you must be severely punished!" The man said. Judging by his appearance, apparently the chief of this tribe. "But we didn't come here to take your sunstone" I said. "We came here to find the ancient origin of all fire-bending" Zuko said, backing me up. One of them walks up to us, holding the golden egg.

"Yeah, right. They are obviously thieves, here to steal Sun Warrior treasures" he said. Aang smiles at him. "Please, I don't normally play this card, but ... I'm the Avatar" Aang said, placing a hand on his chest. "I don't know if you've heard, but I'm a Spyrth. Just hear us out" I said.

"A Spryth? I've heard about it... a half human and half spirit. What prove do you have that you are it? If you can prove it... I'll believe you and we'll hear you out" the chief said. I nod my head and look around the place.

I notice a few dead plants not far from where I'm standing. I stand up and walk towards it. I take a deep breath and spread my arms, willing a burst of spiritual energy to spread from my body.

"Is that good enough?" I said, turning to the others after I brought the dead flowers back to life

"Is that good enough?" I said, turning to the others after I brought the dead flowers back to life. Their eyes widened as they stare at the once dead plants. I grin at their reaction.

"I'd take that as a 'yes,' then" I said. They eventually agrees to hear us out. Zuko is the first one to get over the shock. He move to stand up and face the sun warriors.

"My name is Zuko, Crown Prince of the Fire Nation. O-or at least I used to be. I know my people have distorted the ways of firebending, to be fueled by anger and rage. But now I want to learn the true way, the original way. When we came here, I never imagined  the Sun Warrior's civilization was secretly alive. I am truly humbled to be in your presence. Please, teach us" he said, ending his words with a bow. Aang stands up and bow at them. I quickly do the same.

"If you wish to learn the ways of the Sun, you must learn them from the masters, Ran and Shaw" the chief said. "Ran and Shaw? There are two of them?" Aang said.

"When you present yourself to them, they will examine you. They'll read your hearts, your souls, and your ancestry. If they deem you worthy, they'll teach you. If they don't, you'll be destroyed on the spot" he said. I let out a shaky breath at what he said. How can I not be nervous?? We would be killed on sight if the masters deem us unworthy. Any sane human would be scared for their life's.