Chapter 50

Previously on Chapter 49

I turn around and walks away, ignoring Zuko's yells for me to come back and remove the ice from him. But I just keep on walking. Appa gets up and follows me. Which means Zuko is alone, frozen to the tree. I am positive he's going to just melt it with his heat. So, I don't feel bad for freezing him there.

-Finally-

Y/N P.O.V

Soul Realm

I'm back inside the Soul Realm, to face the next emotions. I was right when I said the emotions I'm facing is following the elements' orders. Which leads to right now. I'm standing face to face to 'Toph.'

"I'm Fear... I reside within your mind and heart. I represent all the fear you felt to Toph..." she said. I close my eyes, trying to think of why I might be scared for her. Then I remember, I haven't got a chance to learn earth-bending from her because I have learnt it from the Badgermoles. I've always believed that she hated me for that. I'm scared at the thought of one of my friend hating me.

I open my eyes and face 'Toph.' I launch forward with my air-bending boosting my speed. She send a boulder at me. I stop and use air-bending to jump over it. I land right in front of 'Toph.' She use her earth-bending and knock me out by hitting right on my stomach. I fall on the ground, groaning in pain.

"You think you're so great, huh? You're so great that you don't need me to teach you??' She said. I shake my head. "No... you know more than anything that I wanted to learn from you. I just didn't get a chance to because I lost my bending" i said. I stand up and use water-bending at her, which knocks her off. She stands up and traps me inside an earth dome. I close my eyes and try to meditate.

Vision

When I open my eyes, I realize I'm in the Western Air Temple. I turn around and notice Aang, Katara and Toph. The real them.

Toph is laying on the ground, with her feet lifted off the ground. Her feet looks better. "I really miss Y/N. When is she coming back?" Toph said. My eyes soften, when I realize that she never hated me. Otherwise, she'd never say something like that.

End of Vision

I take a deep breath. I use air-bending to create an air dome surrounding me, which successfully breaks the earth-dome. I use air-bending on 'Toph' which knocks her down. I walk towards her. I pull out one of my dual sword and place it close to her neck.

"I may be afraid... that Toph will be angry at me because I haven't got a chance to learn earth-bending from her. But we're best-friends. So I'm positive that she'd forgive me" I said. I remove the sword from her neck and take a couple of steps back.

'Toph' smiles and stands up. "Congratulations... the way to erase fear is happiness... that can be found in a strong friendship, such as yours and Toph's" she said. She bows at me. I bow back. Her whole body glows light brown color. She turns into a small stone and joins the others.

I slam my foot on the ground, lifting up a boulder. I do a spin and thrust my hand forward, sending the boulder flying forward. I grin happily at myself. I have gain three of my bending back. Now I just have to fight one more emotion. Zuko... resentment.

I turn to look at 'Zuko.' He walks forward, until he's a few feet in front of me. "I'm Resentment... I reside within your mind and heart. I represent all the pain you felt when he betrayed your trust and love..." he said.

I can feel tears slowly building up in my eyes. I look down and let them stream down my cheeks as I recall what Zuko did.

Vision

Zuko turns his attention to Aang and I. I can see a smile on Azula's face. She turns to focus on battling against Katara. Zuko stand on battle stance in the middle of us.

"This is what you choose, Zuko?! Really?? After all the pain they've caused you! You still chose them?" I said, anger and sadness growing inside my heart. I thought Zuko can change... but not only he betrayed me. He betrayed his uncle... the uncle who always act like a father figure, more than his father ever have.

"This is my destiny. It's to take down both of you" he said, coldly. I let my tears streams down my cheeks. "No, Zuko! You've seen everything with your OWN eyes. The one who truly care for you... and the one who doesn't!! And I care for you, Zuko. I LOVE you! You promised me... you PROMISED that you'd choose what's right. You promised that we'd work things out. So why do you still choose them??" I said. He said nothing and just start to attack us.

End of Vision

I open my eyes and glares at 'Zuko.' I slam my feet on the ground, sending a strong fissure which successfully sends him off balance. He manage to stay standing and shoots fire blasts at me. I use water-bending to make it evaporate.

But I didn't notice another stream of fire coming from the side. I didn't react in time which knocks me down. I wince as I can feel burns on my arm. I bend the water and heal the burn.

I turn to look at 'Zuko' in anger. Even though I'm aware that he's just an illusion, and not the real Zuko. I still feel this burning hatred and resentment towards him. I gave him all my love. But he paid it back with pain and betrayal.

"I never love you, Y/N... I just want you make you let your guard down. So I can easily beat you and your stupid brother!" He said. I growl angrily and lunges forward. He jumps out of the way. I use my water-bending and send it towards him. The water hits him, which makes him fall stumbling down.

I hovers in front of him. I clench my hands into a tight fists. No... I shouldn't let anger take over my body. I take a deep breath and closes my eyes. I try to recall the moments where Zuko and I are okay.

I did told him that I believed he have good in him. It was that day... that day after he saved us from Zhao's imprisonment. How I actually saw that good inside of him after he risked his life, trying to save us. Ever since that day, I believe that...

Zuko is a good person...

*to be continued*