Chapter 86

Previously on Chapter 85

"Hey!! No fair!" I protested. I quickly jumps off Appa's head and speeds off after him. He let out a laugh and speeds up. I growl as I start to feel competitive. Oh, my dear brother... game on!!

-Back to Omashu-

Y/N P.O.V

Aang is still running in front of me, using his air-bending to speed up. I pout to myself because he's playing it unfair. I smirk to myself as I remember something.

I focus my spiritual energy in my body, channeling it my feet. This makes my speed accelerates. I manage to catch up with Aang in no time. He gasp in shock when I ran passed him.

"What the- how??" He yelled out. I jump and spin, sticking my tongue out at him. I turn back around and speeds up, eventually reaching the city's gate. Aang comes to a stop when he finally reaches me. I just grin at him, as he places his hands on his knees while breathing heavily.

"I keep forgetting... t... that... y-you're n... not a n-normal a... air-bender..." he said, still out of breath. I let out a soft giggle at what he said. "I didn't expect you to get so exhausted so easily..." I said, covering my mouth as I giggle.

I glance over his shoulder and notice the others walking towards us. I smile at them as they finally catch up with us. They look tired, even Uncle Iroh have to lean on Zuko to catch his breath. Zuko also looks exhausted. He looks like he's about to pass out any seconds.

I walk over to Zuko and giggle. Uncle Iroh finally pull away from Zuko. Zuko walks over to me and drop his whole body on me. I let out a yelp as I hold him, almost falling over.

"Don't do that, Zuko... I might fall over" I said, as I manage to keep myself steady. He let out a chuckle and moves to stand on his feet. He ruffles my hair which makes me pout at him.

"Anyway... let's head inside the city, shall we?" Aang said. I turn to look at him and nod my head. We turn around and walk towards the gate. The guards bows towards us, and the gate opens.

Everyone's eyes turns to us as soon as we enters the village. Some of them waves at us, while the others just stare at us in amazement. I smile softly at them and waves, earning a chorus of cheers from them. I notice a few of them still glaring at Zuko.

I turn my head to look at my boyfriend to see a small frown on his face. He looks like he's trying to hide his emotion. But I can see it clearly. I move closer to him and gently slips my hand in his.

"It's okay... we have manage to convince people to forgive the Fire Nation so far. I'm sure we can do the same here" I said. He turns to look at me and gives me a weak smile. I give his hand a light squeeze of reassurance. He tighten his hand, a sign that he's nervous and needed my reassurance.

I turn my head to look forward as we make our way further into the city. After the war has ended, the people here are doing their best to remove anything related to the Fire Nation. They have also acted a lot livelier than what they used to be. I smile softly at the sight of everyone's excitements.

Eventually we reach the palace. The entrance door moves open, letting us enter the palace. We make our way inside, and walk towards where the King is. It's been a while since the war ended, that we haven't meet our friend.

"Bumi!!" Aang yelled out as soon as we enter the throne room. I just smile softly at our old friend as we walk further inside. Aang rushes towards him and hugs him. Bumi hugs him back and turn to me with a wide grin.

"How are you, Bumi?" I asked. He smiles and nods his head. "I'm doing fine, Y/N" he said. Aang pulls away from him, letting me hug him as well. He pat my head gently, as I wrap my arms around his torso.

I pull away and grin at him. "It's so good to see you again, Bumi. Now when the war is finally over... we can catch up to things we did before" I said, making him smile and ruffles my hair. I pout at him while swatting his hand away, making him let out his usual laugh.

"Sure thing, Y/N. However, I'm not sure if I can keep up with you. I'm getting too old for certain things" he said. Aang just wrap an arm around my shoulder as he grins at Bumi.

"Not a problem, Bumi. We'd do things slowly..." he said. Bumi just smiles at the two of us, nodding his head in agreement. "Yayy~" Aang cheered, happily. Bumi just chuckles at us and turns to look behind us.

He makes eye-contacts with Zuko and the others. I can see his eyes narrowing a little. I can see Zuko getting tense from the way he stares at him. I can see how he visibly gulps. Bumi let out a laugh at his face.

"Bumi... would you stop scaring my boyfriend?" I said, crossing my arms across my chest. Bumi just chuckles as he turns to look at me. "It's not my fault that he gets scared so easily..." he said. I just huffed and rolls my eyes.

"Zuko's nervous... what do you expect? All the villages we've been to before hates him. It took us weeks to win them over. So, it only makes sense for Zuko to be anxious" I said. Bumi just laughs at my comment.

"Oh, in that case. My bad... sorry, kid" he said. Zuko just give him a shaky smile. I just shakes my head at Bumi's antics. He never changed, he always likes to troll people.

Which makes me feel glad. Even though Aang and I missed a lot of things because we were frozen in. I'm glad for the things that are the way it was from when we were around.

"Now that you're all here... we'll have a huge feast!" Bumi said. Sokka immediately starts to drool at the word feast. I just let out a laugh at his reaction. I turn to look at Bumi and smiles.

"I'll give them a hand" I said. I turn around to walk away, but realize I've been walking in place. I turn my head slightly, realizing Bumi have grabbed the back of my collar.

"You're the guest.. guests shouldn't work. Come with me, all of you. Let's have a little catch up, shall we?" He said. I let out a huff and agrees anyway, knowing no matter how much I tried to argue. Bumi wouldn't change his mind.

Bumi leads us to a room. The room have various of cushioned seats. We make our way toward the seats to sit down. Zuko sits on my right, while Aang sits on my left.

"So, tell me how your journey have been" Bumi said, staring at us with an eager expression. I just smile at him and start to explain what we have been doing. Me and Aang take turns in telling our experiences. It feels so nice, to catch up with our friend after such a long war. It feels nice to finally be at ease.

*to be continued*