Blessings and Troubles "Part 1"

If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -Eleanor Roosevelt

**Past continues**

It's been over two month now. The couple has been on cloud nine ever since they heard their angel's first cries. But, it's not just them who were enraptured by the adorable baby. The parents finally understood the exact meaning of the boy's words 'Ethereal appearance'. Their baby changed a lot in a span of a few weeks from the day she was born. Her porcelain white skin with blushed pink cheeks was healthily glowing. Her doe like silver eyes with flecks of blue, her angelic nose coupled with full rosy lips were enchanting. Her Raven black silky baby hairs were only enhancing her features to another level. Watching her give soft smiles in her sleep stole their breath away while watching her cry was breaking their heart again and again.

After the initial checkup, the healer advised the couple to stay with his family for a while as the baby was underweight and needed proper attention. Cangse was panicking silently considering her situation and her baby's health when Changze hugged her providing the much needed assurance and comfort. They decided to stay with the healer's family and requested to keep their presence undisclosed.

Healer Wen Hong was a wise man. He knew they were no ordinary cultivators because of what transpired in the forest and thus agreed to their request. He informed his wife and children, Wen Qing and Wen Qionglin to keep their arrival a secret and prepare the guest quarters for their stay. Soon, the serenity of his home was filled with bawling, mewling, cooing and gurgling sounds of mons-..ange-.. ah.. warrior baby! accompanied with multiple soothing lullabies from different people tending the infant. While the women and children were on a mission of revolving around the baby, he finally got the opportunity to discuss the changes he felt that day.

"Wei xiansheng!" he called Changze to get his attention. He along with Changze and Shi Jun were sitting outside in a small yet beautiful garden while sipping on Jasmine tea, a special mix from Wen taitai.

"Yes, Healer Wen," Changze gave a slight nod of acknowledgement. He was aware where this conversation was heading and had no intention of avoiding it anymore as he was not only grateful to the family for their help and hospitality but also was putting their lives at risk of the unknown.

"I assume that you are aware of my queries, but let me assure you that it's merely a concern rather a demand." Wen Hong wanted his intentions be taken positively instead of being considered prying into their matter.

"Wen qianbei need not have to clarify his intentions. We are living under your roof and receiving your sincere hospitality for days now. You have been treating us as your own and we will be forever grateful for that. I was an orphan and later on I was living my life as an important member in a major sect. I was even friends with the sect heir and then the sect leader but never have I felt the warmth of a family as I have been feeling here for the past few days. It's only fair for me to return your favour in any way we can," Changze poured his heart out. His voice choked with emotions. Shi Jun filled a cup with tea and handed it to him to provide some relief.

"Even though you have already addressed me as your qianbei, I would much prefer to be called Dage, if you approve Wei didi," Wen Hong's eyes were twinkling with mirth and mouth playing a self-satisfied smirk seeing the bewildered look on Changze's face. It took Changze complete thirty seconds to process what was being asked of him and the moment the words sink in, he started bawling his eyes out much like the infant inside.

'Ahhh.. So this is the source of baby's crying genes,' both Shi Jun and Wen Hong thought simultaneously, surprised by the man's behaviour.

Seeing the mature crying mess, Wen Hong was having second thoughts about his proposal which was immediately caught by Changze and he stopped, with a few sobs.

"It would be my honour," Changze stated in a hoarse voice. Thus, the newly sworn brothers resumed their initial discussion.

"So, Wei didi.. did you both also feel any changes in your core apart from the blissfulness we experienced that day?" Wen Hong asked considering the presence of Shi Jun as well.

Changze paused for a moment thinking of how to answer the query but due to his overwhelming emotions and muddled thinking he said,"Dage, Can we talk this after we head inside and place a silencing barrier?!" It was supposed to come out as an important instruction but ended up as an innocent request.

"Uh.. okay..?!" Wen Hong then stood up and guided them towards his study behind his bedchamber through a secret door in an empty wardrobe.

"This is the most secure place you can be, I use this place for my experiments that are not always supported by my wife and for storing herbs and poisons which can cause a great harm if wrongdoers get hold of it," as he completed his sentence a small shuffling was heard from behind a book case. Wen Hong became alert. He crept towards the book case when a small ghost covered in dust and.. and Grasses?! ran past him and hid behind Shi Jun.

It took a moment for him to realise that the "small ghost" was his about to turn three years old son Wen Ning courtesy name Wen Qionglin.

"Wen Ning wha-" he was cut by his son who started to blabber because of getting caught,"Baba, I wanted to find something to stop the ange- no, warrior from crying, she was crying so much, she became all red, she kept on hiccuping, her eyes were swollen, her silver eyes are so beautiful with sparkles of blue, you know I like to see her eyes, they look like stars in the sky but she was crying too much and I couldn't see it, so I wanted to find something sweet for her to stop her from crying that's why I came here secretly. I'm sorry baba but I'm still not able to find the sweet," Wen Ning finally stopped his outburst and started to cry silently.

Wen Hong took a deep breath, he was embarassed of his earlier bragging about 'most secure place' and also, 'What's with these people crying everywhere?',"Wen Ning I will not punish you for entering here without permission if you answer me honestly, okay?"

Wen Ning peeked at his father from behind Shi Jun and gave a curt nod

"Why do you think you will find sweets in here? This is my study where dangerous medicines are kept, you are aware of that, don't you?"

Wen Ning slowly came out of his hiding still holding on to Shi Jun's trousers with both hands, "I know this is Baba's study and dangerous medicines are here. But I have seen Baba buying candies and sweets secretly from the market and keeping them here to avoid getting punished by Mama, I tasted them before, they were safe, so I thought I could bring some for the warrior."

Wen Hong was drowning in self-inflicted embarassment. He laughed awkwardly and dismissed the young spy to save himself from further embarassment when, "Baba, Can you please give me some of your sweets,"Wen Ning asked adorably.

Changze and Shi Jun were having a hard time controlling their laughter, Shi Jun was bitting his cheek to save the situation from further awkwardness but Changze was visibly shaking, releasing breathy chuckles time to time

"Ah..um I have already eaten them last night, there's none left, sorry," he quickly ended the conversation. Wen Ning furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his father as if he had committed a crime. He stood there thinking of saying something but later stomped his foot angrily and was about to head out when Changze called him.

"A'ning!" Changze voice came out louder than normal, "Why do you keep calling my daughter 'Warrior'?" he asked genuinely curious.

Wen Ning looked at his father for a second and replied,"Baba wanted to call her crying monster, but we all call her angel, so he said he will call her warrior because she cries as if she is fighting a battle against every peaceful being and winning it" he said and dashed out of the room. The room fell in an awkward silence.

Changze was the first to break the silence and said in a serious tone,"Dage I respect you a lot, but I will not allow anyone to speak bad about my daughter, I would like to punish you but I guess you have already embarassed yourself enough today" and then, Changze burst out laughing, leaning over the desk, his eyes were watering and he started wheezing meanwhile Shi Jun finally stopped restraining himself and starting laughing mindful of the senior healer. Wen Hong eventually gave up on saving his face and joined others, smiling fondly at his didi.

Few minutes later, Changze was back to normal, he placed a silencing spell around the room and started to answer his Dage's query.