Clouds of Emotions "Part 13"

"Jiang gongzi, please calm down. I'm sure Wangji didn't mean it. He was just too shocked to think properly-"

"Why?" Yanli breathed out, her voice thick with emotions as she glared at Lan Wangji.

"In these seven months, A'xian has spent a better part of his time in your company.

He either pestered you, just to see an emotion on your otherwise emotionless face or followed his punishments under your supervision or lay unconscious in the infirmary while you played for him. But he was always around you. You should know him better than anyone in Cloud Recesses, then why?

He's playful, likes to prank others, hates to follow rules but he never did anything to hurt others feelings or disrespect them intentionally then why didn't you believe him?!

Have you not noticed how he hasn't even looked at his Wen siblings since he woke up?

Haven't you noticed how he behaves as if nothing ever happened?

Haven't you noticed how he pretends to be cheerful and carefree while on the inside he's dying because his own siblings believe that he is a MURDERER of his own family?

And now, the person with whom he had spent most of his time here called him a liar? Huh..

I'm so disappointed in you, Lan er gongzi..."

"..."

"..."

"Wangji accepts his fault, Lady Jiang. I'll apologise to Wei Wuxian and promise to never doubt him again.

Xiongzhang...Wangji requests you to pronounce my punishment," Lan Wangji said silently, head lowered in shame while his eyes were filled guilt and pain that only Xichen could see.

"Sect Leader Lan, I'm sorry but I don't think we should stay here anymore. With everything that Wei Wuxian has suffered so far, it's better that we take our leave and return to the Lotus Pier," Jiang Cheng spoke grimly

Lan Xichen knew that his didi has made a mistake but if Wei Wuxian went back to Yunmeng, his brother will drown in guilt and regret, detach himself from the world and succumb to his misery, never to be saved again.

"I understand, Jiang gongzi, that Wangji has made a mistake and I'm sorry for everything that Wei gongzi had to suffer here in Cloud Recesses.

But please, Stay...

Only five months are remaining for the completion of lectures. Please, trust me. I assure you that there won't be such incidents again. Besides, Wei gongzi hasn't even healed yet-"

"Oh no! A'cheng, A'xian's wound hasn't yet healed and he is out there kneeling since morning in such cold weather!" Yanli panicked and quickly walked out of Yashi towards the ancestral hall followed by Jiang Cheng, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji

"What's wrong with the cold weather?" Lan Xichen asked, bewildered, as he walked alongside Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji

"Wei Wuxian dislikes cold. Since childhood, he is as sensitive to cold as a weak child. Therefore he hasn't visited the cold pond yet"

They entered inside the ancestral hall calling Wei Wuxian anxiously only to be shocked by the scene infront of their eyes.

"A'xian!" Yanli called, her voice barely above a whisper, witnessing a young lady who was almost the same age as her A'xian, clad in Lan uniform and cradling a dazed, shivering A'xian tenderly in her arms.

The Lan Lady was whispering soothing words and rubbing A'xian's back, providing him the much needed warmth, while she herself was kneeling infront of him on the cold hard floor.