Blessings and Troubles "Part 12"

"Mother!" Cangse rushed towards her happily

"Slow down child! You'll get hurt-"

"Waipo!" Xiaoxian ran wildly towards her grandmother and crashed right into her open arms causing them both to fall on the ground.

The mountain echoed with the laughter of a four and five-hundred year olds.

Still lying on top of her grandmother, Xiaoxian asked excitedly if her cousins have woken up. Sanren trapped the overflowing energy bundle in her arms, stood up and motioned everyone to follow her.

As soon as they reached the dining hall, Wen Li gasped in surprise, "A'ning, A'qing, Ajun!"

The children who just finished their breakfast were engulfed in the arms of the elders and were showered with unending kisses, praises, compliments, happy tears and not so discreet vitals check-up.

While everyone was busy with the children, A'ying curled up, snuggled closer in the arms of her Waipo, hiding away.

Noticing the sudden discomfort of Xiaoxian, Sanren walked towards her chamber and asked gently, "Xiaoxian, what's wrong haizi? You were so excited to meet your cousins, so what happened now?"

"Waipo..." Xiaoxian sniffled, hiding her face in Sanren's arms, she mumbled, "I'm scared!.. I.. I heard someone saying that my cousins were asleep because of me.

They are awake now... Mama, Baba, Bobo, Bomu.. all are happy.. I don't want to make them sad, Waipo..

What if.. they again fall asleep after meeting me?

Mama and Bomu told me to protect myself from bad people and bad words..

Then, why am I still scared.. Will I not become a true cultivator?"

Sanren smiled at her Xiaoxian, "We all feel scared of something or someone at some point of time baby, you just need to believe in yourself, to face and overcome your fears

All that you are feeling, your doubts, confusion and ability to accept your faults has already brought you closer to the path of becoming a true cultivator

Only those who value people, their lives, care for them and their happiness can become true cultivators."

Xiaoxian stared at her Waipo wide eyed, unblinking. This intense staring has always made Sanren feel... unnerved. She thought it was quite comical given their topic of discussion.

Suddenly, Xiaoxian beamed, gave Sanren a bright smile as always, kissed her cheeks, jumped down from her arms and ran towards the dining hall.

"What happened?" Sanren murmured to herself
.
.
.
Outside Sanren's room, the atmosphere had changed drastically.

The family that was overflowing with happiness, was now worried and looking around for the toddler who was vibrating with energy to meet her cousins but was nowhere to be seen.

In their distress, they even forgot to notice the absence of Sanren.

Wen Ning instinctively turned to his left and saw a flurry of red, rushing towards his direction, "Ning Gege!"

Wuxian jumped into the arms of her now seven years old Ning Gege, hugged him tightly and sighed.

A'ning stood frozen.

He couldn't believe his little angel was now a four year old toddler, who clung to his arms as if it was her own comfort place.

Before he could ask anything, she jumped down from his arms, "Jun Shushu! Qing Jiejie! I missed you all so much."