Clouds of Emotions "Part 8"

"What?!" A'xian gasped in shock

"YOU! Wei Wuxian..are a murderer! You'll never find your family because you've killed them, yourself!"

"No!" A'xian denied. Her voice, barely above a whisper.

"Now what?! Don't wanna believe the truth?" Wen Ning sneered, "Felt connected?! Reunite with family?! Hah! What a joke!

These words doesn't sound good, coming from a murder who has killed not only his relatives but also his own parents!

You killed my parents, your bomu and bobo who raised you as their own! You killed my shushu and shenshen, your Adie and Aniang yourself-"

"NO! You're lying!" A'xian cried, covering her ears with her hands, "I can't kill them! I can never even hurt them!!..

Just why?! ...Why are you doing this to me??

Don't you trust me, Ning gege?!"

"STOP CALLING ME NING GEGE!" Blinded by rage, Wen Ning moved forward, pointing his sword at Wei Wuxian who continued to look into his eyes, unmoving...

Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen, who witnessed the whole scene from the window of library pavillion were shocked and alarmed by the sudden turn of events.

Watching how Wei Wuxian didn't intend to save himself from the attack of Wen Ning, Lan Wangji grabbed his Bichen and was about to jump out of the window when suddenly, a cold, female voice echoed through the field...

"Enough!"

With a flash of white, a female Lan cultivator landed right infront of Wei Wuxian, while her sword struck the ground, only an inch away from Wen Ning's feet!

The female Lan cultivator glared at Wen Ning, her eyes threateningly cold and scathing, before she turned around and hugged Wei Wuxian into her arms, gently patting his back to comfort him...

Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji were baffled by the boldness of this female Lan cultivator who hugged Wei Wuxian, an unknown male, as if she has known him since ...forever!

Unable to control his anger, frustration and emotions he couldn't understand, Lan Wangji turned to Xichen with his questioning gaze, "Xiongzhang?!"

"She's Lan Xixi, our senior female disciple but... I don't know how she came just at the right time to save Wei gongzi or what she is even doing here, in the male section of Cloud Recesses, without permission...

Or, why is she so close to him," Lan Xichen glanced at his brother before he mumbled the last few words...

"Wuxian... Are you okay?!" Lan Xixi asked softly while gently stroking A'xian's back, a sharp contrast to her earlier threateningly cold aura...

Unaware of her surrounding, A'xian's eyes still followed her Ning gege's every move, dazedly

The shock and pain of all that she learnt were overwhelming.

She felt suffocated, emotionally distraught and lost... felt as if her whole life, her very existence was so... worthless..

In those few seconds when she just watched her Ning gege staring at her disdainfully while someone held her in their warm arms, several memories of her life whizzed past her mind..

Memories, when people blamed her for Ning gege, Qing jiejie and Jun shushu's deep sleep, her parents abandoning her, people insulting her and treating her like a filth, Jiang Cheng blaming her for his dogs and compromised life, Madam Yu's hatred, Uncle Jiang's woes, and now.. her Ning gege, whom she missed and trusted the most, blamed her and even hates her for ..what?!