Qishan And Adversities "Part 3"

“What do you mean, Wei gongzi? Where is Yin iron? Are you able to see anything there?!” Lan Xichen asked, focusing all his attention and staring intensely in the same direction where Wei Wuxian was looking, to find and understand what the recently turned sixteen-year-old was talking about.

“No! I can’t exactly see it, Sect Leader Lan, but don’t know how, I’m able to feel it very clearly! As if its presence is something tangible, something that I can touch and feel with my hands if I try a bit harder,” Wei Wuxian said frowning, “There’s an invisible barrier right in front of us starting from the entrance gate of Nightless Immortal Capital.

And it’s not just any simple protection barrier but a barrier created by the dark resentment energy of Yin iron!

And I can also feel that it’s stretched over the entire area of Nightless Immortal Capital like a shield. That means-”

“That means, once we enter the Nightless Immortal Capital, all our words, actions, and slightest of our movements will be under the direct watch of Yin iron and Wen Rouhan. I won’t be surprised if every person we come across inside the Nightless Immortal Capital will be under the influence and control of Yin iron.

After all, Wen Chao told our Wei Xiong himself that Wen Rouhan has all the villagers in and around Qishan under the control of Yin iron as his puppets, for over a decade now, for efficiently managing the sect affairs.” Nie Huaisang said sarcastically

“And that also means we won’t be able to talk or do anything that might alert Wen Rouhan and reveal our plans and secrets to him. We’ll have to be extremely careful with our words and actions and act according to all the false facts, acts, and illusions that we have been relaying through the puppets.” Jiang Cheng said, frowning

“What about Wei Ying?!” Lan Zhan asked, glaring at the entrance gate of Nightless Immortal Capital

“We can’t let Wen Rouhan know that we know what he wants, what this three-month indoctrination campaign is all about, that we already know he wants me to achieve immortality and wishes to make me willingly work with him using the rumor spread by him.

In fact, we can't even let him know that we have interacted with Qing jiejie and Ning gege about all this before. We have to be as discreet as possible to not let him know anything more than he knows already.” Wei Wuxian said solemnly and thoughtfully before looking at everyone and saying in a firm but emotionless voice, “Don’t worry. I promised Youling Jie that I will take care of myself. So please, trust me!”

“I trust you, Wei Wuxian. Just remember that Youling Jie will be watching over us and relaying every piece of information to all the elders back home and also to our Shijie.” Jiang Cheng said, looking straight into the eyes of his sister, communicating all his thoughts and concerns with unsaid words, with an air of finality

Wei Wuxian smirked at her younger brother’s protectiveness, knowingly, and nodded before looking at everyone, “Does anyone has anything else to say? If yes, then it’d be better to say it now because once we enter the Nightless Immortal Capital, we’ll have to play the game by their rules.”

I’ll protect you.” Lan Zhan declared and started walking towards the entrance gate without waiting for anyone’s response.

“…”

“…”

“…”

Ehehe, erm… anything else?” Wei Wuxian asked awkwardly, looking between Nie Huaisang and Lan Xichen

“Same as Jiang Xiong!” Nie Huaisang said with a reassuring smile on his face

“Same as Wangji!” Lan Xichen shrugged and moved forward to catch up with his baby brother’s fast determined steps