Clouds of Emotions "Part 16"

Healer Fu came out of hiding and hugged his zhinu as gently as he held her in his arms the first time she was born.

"Out of all the traits you received from Changze Ge, Saozi hated this behaviour the most. Stop beating yourself up, A'xian! I don't blame you. In fact, I'm rather proud of having escaped your keen senses," Healer Fu chuckled uncharacteristically, remembering a distant memory.

A'xian pouted and whined, hugging Healer Fu back tightly, "Jun shushu! I missed you!"

"Yeah yeah! That's why you always talked about your Ning gege and Qing jiejie but didn't utter a single word about your one and only shushu, even when we talked so much while you graced the infirmary with your esteemed visit almost every month!" Healer Fu grumbled

"I'm sorry shushu. I really am..." A'xian mumbled. Her eyes filled with unshed tears and her lips quivered, as she raised her head to look at Healer Fu's face.

Healer Fu smiled, "It's okay little one. Your shushu is too good to hold any hard feelings against his zhinu. Now stop crying, we have a lot to discuss."

"A'ying!" Wen Ning called Wei Wuxian, desperately, and came forward..finally losing his patience after watching his baby sister in Jun shushu's arms from the sidelines and quietly waiting for his turn

Wei Wuxian stilled.

She finally heard that name from the person who reserved his exclusive rights to it but.. instead of feeling elated, her breathing became ragged, her eyes unfocused and her heart started to feel constricted as several memories of the last seven months whizzed past her mind.

At once, Xixi and Yanli came by Wei Wuxian's side and hugged her, calming her, soothing her and grounding her back to reality, Jiang Cheng came to stand in front of Wei Wuxian, blocking Wen Ning's view and glared at him angrily, barely controlling himself from lashing out at Wen Ning and punching him in the face while Lan Zhan started playing the song of Clarity to calm his Wei Ying's erratic heart.

Wen Ning felt devastated. 

He knew he had hurt his baby sister but only now did he understand the severity of the damage he inflicted upon this pure soul who only ever craved his love and attention.

Shocked, he stepped back and hid behind Wen Qing. His heart couldn't bear the brunt of his own words and actions.

Wen Qing frowned feeling a sudden rise in anger, seeing how effortlessly Jiang Yanli, even Lan Xixi took her place to calm and console her baby sister in front of her own eyes while she remained standing as a bystander.

"Healer Fu! Why aren't you doing anything?" Lan Xichen asked, looking at his baby brother who appeared too concerned and attached to Wei Wuxian after their sacred cave visit.

Before Healer Fu could move, Wen Qing came forward dragging Wen Ning along with her, not caring about anyone's questioning look or scathing gaze as she sat beside her baby sister and spoke firmly, "A'xian..calm down baby. I know you can hear me. Your Qing jiejie and Ning gege are here for you.

I know you're hurt.. and scared. We are sorry A'xian. You can punish us however you want but please calm down dear. We promise to make it up to you and never leave you alone again. We are a family, Wei Wuxian and family never leave each other alone in the face of danger or anything unpleasant."

Wen Qing said, quoting her father, Healer Wen Hong's words. Words that were the foundation of their family. Words that were engraved in Wei Wuxian's heart since childhood.

Wei Wuxian's breathing slowly stabilized. Lying in the lap of Lan Xixi, she opened her glistening silver eyes and looked straight into the eyes of her Qing jiejie and whispered hesitantly, "You..don't blame me for their death?"