Reunion and Parting "Part 6"

While Lan Xixi closed her and quickly started chanting a long and complex spell with ancient words and cryptic tones, Konghou, Liebing, and Zither also began casting the memory-retaining spell on Xuanwu.

Lan Xixi kept chanting, seconds turned into minutes and minutes into hours.

The more she chanted, the more her body glowed with a pure blue aura while Wei Wuxian’s body glowed with a bright fiery red aura.

The longer and more complex those spells became, the brighter their bodies glowed and suddenly after about three excruciatingly long hours, the cave echoed with a loud roar of baby Xuanwu and shrill piercing cry of… baby Fenghuang!

‘My Wei Ying, the Great Fenghuang?! Guardian of South and Summer?!’ Lan Zhan asked his Xiongzhang through the mind link, unconsciously

“……Hmm, there is no need to pretend anymore, Wangji. We wanted to hide our abilities related to that night but looks, like it was us, who knew nothing about our own identity. The meaning of those short-lived mysterious physical changes in our appearance. The auspicious celestial beasts’ forms that appeared above our heads and our special abilities.

It’s because we both are the incarnate of Baihu and Qinglong.

We are the Four Guardians of the World!” Lan Xichen said thoughtfully, looking at the celestial forms of Lan Xixi and Wei Wuxian that soon turned into the most adorable forms of two cutest little girls.

Xuanwu, a five year old toddler with mystic blue eyes and Fenghuang, a three-year-old child with deep black eyes having swirling flecks of fire!

Xixi jiejie!!!” Fenghuang’s gleeful chirpy and childish voice echoed in the silent cave as she exclaimed cutely and endearingly the moment her bright eyes fell upon her calm, mysteriously and softly smiling elder sister and maybe it was the way her Xixi jiejie was smiling or maybe it was those beautiful blue eyes that glistened even more when they saw her, Fenghuang’s feet moved towards her sister even before her mind could process the situation and she fell into her jiejie’s open arms and mumbled nervously, “Jiejie, please, don’t cry. Did Fenghuang do something wrong again?!”

“Why’s Fenghuang still calling Lan Xixi by her mortal name? Does Fenghuang still have memories of this life as Wei Wuxian?! Shouldn’t she be calling her only Xuanwu?!” Lan Xichen whispered, thinking out loud

“Xixi is the cute endearing name given by Fenghuang when Winter cultivated the form of celestial beast Xuanwu three million years ago for the first time. It’s not merely a mortal name but the name that Xuanwu values the most because her precious meimei gave it.” Liebing informed, whispering back to his master, discreetly, trying to avoid being noticed by the two sisters

Five-year-old Lan Xixi aka Xuanwu gasped in a mock surprise and asked her innocent meimei in fake anger, “Did you not steal all these rabbits from my room earlier? You made your Xixi jiejie upset, Fenghuang! Tell me, how should I punish you now?”

Fenghuang looked at her Xixi jiejie bewildered.

Tilting her head slightly to the side, Fenghuang pouted and asked cutely, “Really, Xixi jiejie?! But I don’t remember going to your room today. And I don’t even remember going to your palace then when did I steal them? I can’t remember anything that happened today or before, Xixi jiejie. What’s wrong with me?!” she asked, looking around and observing the unknown place they were at.

A silent, cold and dark cave lit only by a few torches and the spiritual energies of Konghou, Xiao and Zither who were sitting far away from her, at the other end of the cave. At a little distance away from them and sitting silently, were most definitely Baihu gege and Qinglong gege, wearing weirdly different and completely white clothes than their usual autumn gold and spring blue colours.