Blessings and Troubles "Part 9"

"Di Mei!" Wen Hong exclaimed joyously and immediately looked around to greet others.

"How are you?! And where's Didi, warrior and my brave boy?

We missed you all so much and to think it's just been a week!

Let me tell you a secret, I missed little monster more than anyone," he laughed out, still looking for others.

Wen Li was standing there silently, observing Cangse since the moment she arrived, "What's wrong Cangse, why are you looking so gloomy?"

She noticed how Cangse avoided looking straight into her eyes. Her face wearing the same downcast, depressive expression throughout their one-sided interaction.

"Your silence is scaring me Cangse... Tell me! What's wrong? And where are the others? Where's my son?"

"Li jie, Da Bozi.. you all need to come with me urgently, mother will explain everything to you...

Please prepare for your departure.

I'll prepare A'qing and A'jun and will meet you in the front yard of our guest wing," Cangse said and left the room silently.

Without the time to process anything, all the family members were now standing in the front yard with their luggage and necessities stored in qiankun pouches and ready for departure.

Within seconds, Cangse brought them all in the lobby of her home in Yongheng mountains.

The Wens and Shi Jun would have been mesmerized by the beauty of this place if they weren't so unnerved and distressed because of Cangse's silence, their impromptu visit and absence of the rest of their family members.

Upon reaching the lobby, the first thing they saw was how Changze was crawling on all fours with A'ning and warrior riding on his back and a teenager supporting the children to protect them from falling.

"A'ning! Angel!" Wen Qing exclaimed happily and bounced towards them to join the ride while the others breathed a sigh of relief.

Changze was surprised hearing A'qing's cheerful voice.

As far as he knew, Cangse was only supposed to inform them about the situation and not bring them all here. But seeing her face now, he can safely assume that she hadn't been able to tell them anything.

He stood up ending the ride much to the dismay of A'qing. Seeing the children's sad faces, Xingchen bend down on all fours to continue their ride while Changze greeted his Dage, Saozi and A'jun, hugging his disciple a little longer than usual and motioned them all to follow him towards the study of his Yuemu.

Whatever worries dissipated upon seeing the smiling faces of the children had come back manifolds when the Wen couple came face to face with the centuries old great immortal Baoshan Sanren who looked not a day older than Wen Li's age but her aura exuded wisdom and maturity that one could only gain after years and years of experience.

Wen Hong for the first time felt the pressure of meeting an in-law, and could relate to his Didi but the atmosphere of the room was much too grave to dwell on such trivialities.

"Greetings to you Healer Wen, Madam Wen and Shi Jun.

I see that my daughter has brought you all here and by judging the look on your faces, she has not informed you about the situation, hasn't it?" Sanren said motioning them to have a seat and Cangse to serve the tea.

"Greetings Grandmaster! I would be more comfortable if you address me as A'Li and my husband as Wen Hong for we are the family of your daughter, there's no need for such formalities.