Clouds of Emotions "Part 17"

"Err...I can explain but only when you all promise to listen, till the end, without panicking, okay?" Wei Wuxian asked carefully, taking a quick glance at everyone's already frowning faces.

"So..in order to better understand everything, we first need to stop thinking that only Wen Rouhan is our enemy. We know that Wen Rouhan have Yin iron for a long time now. But that also means Yin iron has Wen Rouhan

Since Yin iron has its own consciousness, much like all of us here, it means whatever Wen Rouhan aims might not be just his aim anymore. They are working together.

Now, let's look at the information we have. If a decade ago, Wen Rouhan and Yin iron needed the help of an immortal to achieve their goal. And couldn't do it just because my mother didn't concede and.." Wei Wuxian paused, exhaling a shaky breath, "That means,

Yi- They need the immortal to support them, willingly. It also means that Yin iron cannot influence the thoughts of an immortal.

Er- And they need the immortal, alive. Because if it was anything like blood or something, they could have used it at that time...

San-Since they have been working together for over a decade now, that means they must be capable enough to attack any sect be it major or minor and control it, right? But they didn't... 

It proves that neither of them wants killing but control. And if I guess correctly, Wen Rouhan's sole purpose is to rule the whole cultivation world while Yin Iron, I think, wants to control every living mortal.

And that's why I don't think they ever changed their plan. They still need an immortal, alive and willing to support them. And now, I think they also need other pieces of Yin iron. Once they get it, they'll have complete control over everyone's life."

"How can you be so sure A'ying?" 

"Ning gege...it's actually very simple. Think as if you are Wen Rouhan and want to rule the whole cultivation world. And you know that it can be done easily with the help of Yin iron. Then, will you really want to attack and kill? Wen Rouhan is not stupid. If he can send puppets here then he must also have sent puppets to other sects. 

And by now, he would know about our strengths and weaknesses, most of them, if not all. Also, the strong cultivators he would have to face in a battle such as Sect Leader Lan, Sect Leader Nie, etc."

The moment the boys heard Wei Wuxian call Lan Xichen and Nie Mingjue 'strong cultivators' all their eyes turned to glare at the only person, from that small list, present in the room. While Lan Wangji was glaring at his Xiongzhang, burning with jealousy, along with Jiang Cheng and Wen Ning, Lan Xichen tittered. 

Enjoying the fact that the one Wangji likes considers him, and not his baby brothera strong cultivator.

"Hey! Why didn't you call me a strong cultivator, A'ying??"

"Because Wen Rouhan knows that you're on his side..."

"AND ME? WHAT ABOUT ME? I'M ALSO A STRONG CULTIVATOR."

"ChengCheng...seriously? I didn't say Lan Zhan's or Jin Zixuan's or Jun Shushu's or even my own name. I was just giving examples. And this...this isn't even an important point! 

I said that we all would be having puppets in our sect. Did you hear that?!! 

Anyways, Ning gege Chengcheng..just listen, okay?

So I was saying, that Wen Rouhan would be well aware of our strengths and weaknesses and whom all he'd have to fight against if he wants to control the world through a war. So the smart choice will be to lure an immortal.