Reunion and Parting "Part 5"

At once, not only Konghou, Liebing, and Zither stopped playing the melody and opened their eyes but even Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan were shaken awake from their trance only to find a crying and trembling Lan Xixi holding an even more violently trembling Wei Wuxian, tightly in her arms and murmuring incoherently.

“Master?! What happened?! Why does it look like Wei Wuxian’s condition has worsened? Did the melody, did Cleansing not work?!” Konghou asked worriedly, looking at the crazed, extremely worried, and panicking state of Xuanwu

No! Not even a bit! Nothing...Nothing is working! My baby is dying! She’s leaving me again and I can’t do anything!” Lan Xixi screamed and cried, breathing heavily, lost in her thoughts and emotional turmoil, “Konghou, Xiao, Zither, tell me… tell me what should I do? How can I save her? I don’t want to lose her again. I CAN’T LOSE HER AGAIN! Please! Help me! H-elp me!”

While Lan Xixi was wailing, feeling lost and devastated, Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan decided to put an end to their act and moved quickly, worriedly, and anxiously to be closer to Lan Xixi and Wei Wuxian and do something to help them because neither Lan Xichen could watch his Lan Xixi crying so helplessly anymore nor Lan Zhan could restrain himself and bear the words related to his Wei Ying’s death, again and again, and do absolutely nothing about it!

However, the moment they tried to move closer to a wailing Lan Xixi and violently trembling Wei Wuxian, spirits of their musical instruments Liebing and Wangji blocked their way saying it was too dangerous for them to be any closer to Xuanwu in her delirious state of her mind.

“Master please, calm down. Cam down! We can still do something to save-” Konghou tried to comfort her master, feeling upset and heartbroken seeing Xuanwu’s condition

Why?!!!” Lan Xixi whispered, sniffling, holding her trembling little meimei close to her arms

“Why always us?” Lan Xixi asked, crying silently and staring- glaring at the cold hard ground, “Why does it always have to be my sweet, always helping and always sacrificing meimei and not me? Why?!”

Xuanwu! Please stop! Say no more! Even walls have ears!” Liebing and Wangji exclaimed, worriedly, not wanting their mortal masters to feel more overwhelmed with the revelations and secrets than they already were, but just one look, one look at Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan’s serious and worried faces and they knew… what’s going to happen, WILL HAPPEN!

And therefore, without any further delay, Konghou, Wangji and Liebing used their combined energy to create a special barrier all around them, blocking sounds, view, sensation and the pulse of the energies to leak outside the barrier, thereby preventing unwanted people from overhearing their conversation and witnessing things that aren’t meant to be revealed to the mortals. Keeping in mind to keep the Wen brothers and resentment filled dark sword out of the barrier.

While the spirits erected the barrier, Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan also placed a silencing barrier around them, feeling the need to do it, instinctively, as Lan Xixi continued crying and asking questions to no one in particular…

“Ever since we came into existence, all we have done is to help people, look after their well- being, their needs and necessities, listening to their prayers, granting their wishes, forgiving them for their mistakes, and every single thing they wanted, expected us to do, without any complaints or expectations but what about us? What have they done to us?

Time and again they hurt me and my meimei and she just… took the blame for everything on herself!

Clearly, it was those mortals who used fire selfishly and mindlessly and destroyed nature and the whole world but even then she took all the blame and sacrificed her life to save me, save them and everyone but what about her?