Reunion and Parting "Part 1"

‘……looks like our Black Warrior Xuanwu has been surviving only on air and water during the past centuries.

Its shell is so unnaturally empty and clean, it really makes me wonder if all those humans this Xuanwu killed and ate earlier simply just evaporated into thin air without leaving any trace of their existence!

You both must be thinking that I’ve lost my mind for making such kind of stupid assumptions just by looking inside its shell and not its mouth and stomach, right?!

I know!

You don’t have to agree to my words now to make fun of me! Hmphh!’ Wei Wuxian thought, communicating with Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan through the spell while skirting her way carefully towards a strange hypnotising pull of negative energy that felt like it was calling for her!

Wei gongzi! Where are you at the moment? Did you see Xuanwu approaching you or did you hear anything?!

What you’re doing is really dangerous!

Don’t waste time and let your guards down while exploring Xuanwu’s empty shell!

Be focused on your task and come out of there quickly! Wangji and I are ready to attack as soon as Xuanwu’s neck comes out of its shell!

Xianxian, please, don’t do anything that will put your life in danger more than it already is!

I only agreed to your method of luring the Xuanwu to come out of its shell using yourself as a bait because I knew you weren’t feeling good. But that doesn’t mean you’re allowed to play with your life!’ Lan Xichen thought, making sure to sound serious and strict with each of his words so as to keep his baby brother’s friend out of trouble and save himself from his didi’s wrath.

Wei Ying! Come back!’ Lan Zhan thought, looking at the mysteriously silent and still shell of the great Xuanwu, worriedly.

Just a little more time, Xichen ge and Lan er gege! I think I found something in here! There’s something embedded in the shell of Xuanwu and somehow weirdly enough… it looks like a… Oh! It’s a sword! How come such a beautiful sword came here?!!

Here's a dark, ancient and black sword embedded deep into the shell of Xuanwu, Xichen ge and Lan er gege.

Do you think this sword belongs to the Xuanwu, itself?! Then if I take it out of here, will it cause some pain and will make the Xuanwu fall unconscious?!!

Hmm?!!

Guess, there’s only one way to find out!’  Wei Wuxian said and raised her hand to grab the hilt of the sword, ignoring the warnings of Xichen ge and Lan er gege when suddenly she heard a low and deep growl!

‘Wei Ying! Come out! Please!’ Lan Zhan thought, desperately wishing to go and save his Wei Ying from all and every kind of danger while restraining himself to keep up with their plan, with barely contained patience and anxiety

‘Wei Ying-’ Lan Zhan thought, trying to call his Wei Ying back to him and having enough of his adventure exploring when suddenly he and his Xiongzhang froze in their place, listening the ear-piercing and pain-filled scream of Wei Wuxian, coming from inside the Xuanwu’s shell, immediately followed by the loudest and most threatening growl they heard from the Black Warrior, ever since they entered the cave!

‘Xianxian! What happened?! Answer us! Wei gongzi! Are you alright?!!! Where are you?! Wei gongzi?!! Do you hear me?!

If you don’t answer our calls within ten seconds, then we’ll both come inside to save you from the Xuanwu’s wrath! Wei gongzi?!!!!!!!!