Qishan And Adversities "Part 1"

His Wei Ying was smiling.

A sight so beautiful, ethereal, mesmerizing and common only a year ago became so painfully rare in the last few months that Lan Zhan felt like starving.

His eyes longed to see his Wei Ying’s beautiful smile and sparkling silver eyes, and his ears thirsted to hear more of his Wei Ying’s melodious laughter and sweet innocent giggles.

But, the threatening situation with Wens and Yin iron, the acceptance of traitor Meng Yao into the Lanling Jin Clan as Jin Guangyao, another heir to the Lanling Jin Sect besides Jin Zixun, as the non-negotiable condition put forth by previous Sect Leader Jin Guangshan for leaving his position peacefully for his only legitimate son, Jin Zixuan, and problems of managing the remaining puppets while hiding everything from the sharp eyes and ears of Jin Guangyao during the last few months, promised concerns and worries that were completely opposite of what Lan Zhan’s heart desired for his Wei Ying.

“As long as my Ayuan is fine, I’ll forgive you for forgetting about me in the whole last week, Youling Jie!” Wei Wuxian teased with a mischievous smile on her face.

“Master! I just told you, I can never ever forget you! I really didn’t get any time besides visiting our Ayuan or else I wouldn’t have kept you uninformed for so long. You can blame yourself for being so popular among your shidis and shimeis.” Youling jie said, frowning.

“Youling, since you are here, does it mean Jiang gongzi is also here along with his disciples who’ll be attending the indoctrination campaign?” Lan Xichen asked politely with a smile on his face

Youling jie looked at Lan Xichen and answered solemnly, “Yes, the Jiangs arrived here, on the outskirts of Qishan, half an hour ago.

I came to meet you both, disguised as Wei Wuxian, with the excuse of greeting you and letting you know about our safe arrival here.

From here onwards, master won’t travel using his invisibility robes but will take his place with the Jiangs and will travel to the Qishan indoctrination campaign along with them while I’ll teleport to Cloud Recesses and be with Ayuan and keep a watch on all the four major sects and the remaining puppets, as discussed earlier, to keep the situation under control until you all return.

Also, I don’t know if anyone informed you but the Nies with Nie Huaisang as their sect heir and the Jins with Jin Guangyao as their sect heir have also arrived an hour ago.”

“Jin Guangyao?!” Lan Zhan looked at Youling Jie, alert and questioningly

“Yes, I know Sect Leader Jin told you that his cousin, Jin Zixun, would be joining the indoctrination campaign as the sect heir but again, Jin Guangyao played his usual emotional drama in front of Jin Guangshan, and… he succeeded.” Youling jie said, making a face, disdainfully, “Master! Please, be aware of him!

He is still working for Wen Rouhan and is joining the campaign only to keep an eye on you and assess your progress in cultivation while also working on fulfilling his father, Jin Guangshan’s plan.

Greedy and selfish as Jin Guangshan is, it’s not even surprising to me that the old manwhore is using his own, although illegitimate, son for such a dangerous task to win Wen Rouhan’s trust and in turn his power and wants to join hands with him, just for securing his own future!

Even when he knows about Wen Rouhan’s ill intentions regarding the whole cultivation world!”

“Don’t worry, Youling Jie. I’ll look after Wei Ying and keep him safe.” Lan Zhan promised, firmly and determinedly

“I’m very much capable of taking care of myself, Lan er gege!” Wei Wuxian said, frowning, “Besides, I’ll be staying with Jiang Cheng and other Jiang disciples from now onwards, until the end of the indoctrination campaign, and won't be with you, remember?” Wei Wuxian asked humorlessly, raising her brow