Life among Lotuses "Part 4"

They saw... their mother fiercely whipping A'xian's bruised, blistered and bleeding back with Zidian, an extremely powerful first class spiritual weapon.

They heard... A'xian crying and begging for forgiveness, writhing on the ground painfully while their mother smirked seeing his torment and misery

They saw their mother act like a sadist.

Ruthlessly whipping and blaming A'xian for manipulating her children using his charms, to make them act as his servants and do his bidding.

She blamed A'xian for persuading them to disobey her and fool her.

She blamed him for entering their life, for trying to break her family using the same methods as his mother.

She blamed him for performing better than her son, for improving faster, for excelling in every subject, and even for being alive!

Shocked and aghast, witnessing the horrifying scene infront of their eyes, A'cheng felt nauseous and dizzy while Yanli felt paralyzed.

She couldn't breathe, couldn't move, couldn't even scream to save her A'xian.

That day...the children saw the real face of their mother...

and...

They hated her!!!

Hated her with every fiber of their being!

Witnessing that venomous women torturing a mere seven year old just to vent out her anger, insecurities and frustration, they could no longer call her a Mother!

Yanli realised that even Yu Ziyuan's hatred towards A'xian's mother was nothing but a product of her own jealousy, inferiority complex and ego.

The children realised that it wasn't just their father who failed them, but even... their mother.

They neither received their father's care and attention nor their mother's love and affection. Instead, what they received was scoldings and expectations, insults and comparisons!

Yanli heard that woman's voice coming nearer and saw her leaving the area along with her maids.

She somehow managed to pull A'cheng and herself out of the way, hiding in the shadows.

As soon as those women left, Yanli and A'cheng rushed towards the unconscious A'xian lying on the ground, bruised, burnt and bleeding.

A'cheng vomited, seeing Wei Wuxian's condition while Yanli's eyes filled with tears of rage, hatred and something more. She carefully carried A'xian on her back with the help of A'cheng and together they rushed towards the Healer's wing.

Healer Shi was horrified seeing her little girl's condition. A'xian's whole body was covered with blood, bruises, blisters, mud, burnt skin with scraps of burnt clothes.

She felt scared even to touch her, afraid of causing her more pain, her vision getting blurred as tears welled up in her eyes.

But it wasn't the time to cry. She immediately controlled her emotions and started to treat her severely injured patient, professionally.

After three hours of meticulous treatment for all the injuries on her small body, she left A'xian and the children in her infirmary and went outside to calm her nerves.

Yanli and A'cheng huddled around the bed of A'xian, crying bitterly... they cried for his pain and suffering, they cried for being incapable to protect him and they cried for themselves... for today they had lost their mother...

That day the siblings suffered an irreparable damage to their souls, a scar embedded so deep inside their hearts that they knew will remain fresh forever...