Blessings and Troubles "Part 6"

"Saozi!" Changze exclaimed with an awkward laugh to hide his nervousness.

Wen Li raised her eyebrow in suspicion and invited them in.

Changze placed the silencing barrier around the room then addressed his Dage and Saozi, "Dage... that day when Cangse woke up late, actually she was in a dream visit," he said before being cut off mid-sentence.

"Dream visit?" Wen Li asked confusedly

"Saozi, it's when an immortal visits another immortal in a dream. Cangse unknowingly made a dream visit to mother-in-law that night while thinking about her...

She discussed our plans with her and Yuemu agreed to seal angel's core and her ability to communicate with dead. But for that, we need to go to Yongheng mountains."

"That's a good news Didi but why are you looking so nervous?" Wen Hong asked curiously

"Ah Dage... Yuemu isn't fond of me much," Changze said while rubbing the nape of his neck

"This will be our second meet in general and first meet after my marriage. I.. can't seem to gather enough courage to meet her."

Wen Li and Wen Hong exchanged a look of surprise. They looked at Changze to see if he was making up excuses but seeing him break out in a cold sweat just thinking about meeting his mother-in-law caused them to burst into laughter.

"Dagee... Help me!" Changze whined childishly

"So sorry Xiao Shuzi but both A'hong and my parents had left us long before we met, we didn't even have siblings so we really have never faced your situation. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to help," Wen Li said while controlling her laugh

"Didi, it's really amusing to see an accomplished cultivator like you being so timid about meeting his In-law.

Di Mei.. just what did my Didi do to your mother for him to be like this," Wen Hong asked completely enjoying himself.

"Da Bozi.. honestly, even I don't know. My mother just never liked him from the start and that being their first and only interaction so far. Maybe because mother is an immortal and about five centuries old..." Cangse said.

"Five centuries!" the Wen couple exclaimed.

Cangse nodded enthusiastically.

"Didi, I can understand your nervousness now even when she is not my mother-in-law." 'And I'm thankful for that,' Wen Hong thought and moved to hug his Didi, encouraging him silently while Changze thought,'I would be happy to atleast know why she dislikes me' and hugged him back.

"So when are you leaving and how will you go," Wen Li asked.

"Li jie, we will teleport there tomorrow morning, as travelling might alert the enemy. A'jun will remain here to practice his acupuncture and cultivation. We just wanted to inform you so that you don't worry as the time there in Yongheng mountains flows differently. One day in Yongheng mountains is one week in the outside world. One Yongheng day begins with the morning of the first day in this world and while it ends with the night of the seventh day in this world. We might be gone for a while Li jie," Cangse told Wen Li.

Wen Li thought for a moment and said,"Please take A'ning with you. The kids have become inseparable and A'ning won't be happy without her. Also, while you are there, look into his core as well for any case of abnormality."

"Alright" Changze said,"Saozi please prepare the essentials for A'ning, we will inform him about our travel in the morning itself. We should take our leave now."

They greeted the Wen couple and retired for the night.

Morning arrived and soon they were bidding their farewell to the rest of the family. Cangse was carrying angel in her arms while A'ning was riding on Changze's shoulders for better view of angel assuming it to be a long ride. Cangse and Changze were holding hands while she chanted the teleportation spell and they vanished.