Qishan And Adversities "Part 4"

“But… but why would they be under the controll of Yin iron? Since when? Didn’t Wen Rouhan trust them enough to send them to Cloud Recesses with the mission of finding Yin iron? Then…then why’s this happening to them?

Does it mean Wen Rouhan became suspicious of them when they kept delaying and making excuses for being unable to obtain Yin iron?

Maybe that’s why he suddenly asked them to go on a mission in between the lectures, right?! And then he sent Wen Xu to Cloud Recesses to obtain Yin iron!

Oh god! That would be bad! So bad! Do you think Wen Rouhan also knows about our interaction and all our-” Wei Wuxian kept murmuring and rambling to herself, feeling anxious and worried for her Qing jiejie and Ning gege.

Ssshhhh!!! Don’t! Wei Xiong! We know nothing about their condition and the reason behind it as of now. So, please, don’t jump into conclusions before knowing everything!” Nie Huaisang said, looking around swiftly and discreetly, to check if anyone overheard, or was listening to their conversation.

“Wei Wuxian, let us first proceed to the training ground. We will talk about Wen Qionglin and Wen Qing when we’ll be back in our quarters, later, for dinner, okay?!” Jiang Cheng mouthed the words, looking at Wei Wuxian, intensely, to calm her down for a while, and only when Wei Wuxian took a deep breath and nodded her head in approval, did Jiang Cheng smile at his sister warmly and started walking towards the training ground alongside her, followed by their sect’s shidis and shimeis.

“Is there something wrong, Wei gongzi?! You, Jiang gongzi, and Nie gongzi, you all looked quite a bit tensed earlier.” Lan Xichen whispered to Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng discreetly, standing beside his stoic didi who looked like he wanted to ask this question from his Wei Ying for a while now, after entering the training grounds and gathering where the sect heirs and senior disciples of all five major sects were standing including Wen Xu, Wen Chao, and Wen Qionglin!

The training ground was a massive field where a total of one hundred and seven identical shooting targets were arranged side by side on one end of the training ground and opposite to those targets, on another end of the training ground, exactly at a distance of 100 meters, were the spots arranged for each of the sect heirs and senior disciples with bows and arrows for the shooting!

“Wen Qing and Wen Qionglin are being controlled by Yin iron!” Wei Wuxian muttered to Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan, silently, while trying hard to keep a straight face in this unnerving situation and not let her emotions show to anyone.

Especially to Wen Rouhan, who was watching her each and every move from afar with the interest of a curious child who saw something new and unique for the first time.

And from his sons, Wen Xu, and Wen Chao, who were also there in the training grounds alongwith Wen Ning, participating in the archery competition alongside the other sect heirs and senior disciples from all over the cultivation world, all the while glaring at her, venomously

“What?! Are you sure, Wei gongzi?!” Lan Xichen asked looking around the training ground, hiding his disbelief

“Of course!” Jiang Cheng answered on behalf of his sister, scowling.

Lan Xichen took a deep breath and said, “This… was to be expected. We haven’t heard anything about Lady Wen and Wen Qionglin for the past ten months. What else could be the reason if not Wen Rouhan and Yin iron?!

Don’t worry, Wei gongzi. We’ll definitely try to help them as soon as we can but for now, don’t take any rash action and just focus on protecting yourself, even from them! You promised!” Lan Xichen reminded, noticing his didi’s slight frown and increasing worries related to the safety of Wei gongzi