Reunion and Parting "Part 7"

Quite like earlier, both Xuanwu and Fenghuang’s body started glowing.

Their icy blue and fire red aura kept on increasing the more they entered into the deeper stages of meditation.

Watching little, adorable and extremely cute forms of Lan Xixi and Wei Wuxian sitting on the ground in perfect lotus position with straight back and hand posture, Liebing whispered with a small amused smile, “Feels like, it was only yesterday, that we met these two sisters for the first time. And what a hilarious meeting it was!”

Hmm. The dumbfounded, absolutely shocked and surprised look on their faces when they saw Autumn and Spring for the first time, haha, it was amazing!

And when they heard about their achievements, about the short time it took them to cultivate their own celestial beasts, Baihu and Qinglong, and the blessing of becoming the Guardian of West and East… Gods! They were so angry and offended!” Zither exclaimed, keeping a close eye on the meditative forms of Xuanwu and Fenghuang

“Mn?!” Lan Wangji asked looking at Liebing and Wangji, his Zither, frowning

“Why were they angry and offended?!” Lan Xichen asked, curiously

“Because Winter and Summer are the first children of Heaven and Earth. They took the human form first. These little adorable toddlers form is how they first appeared.

For a long period of time, Winter and Summer first had to cultivate to grow towards maturity and then cultivate more to finally gain their own celestial beast forms and only then they were blessed with the titles of Guardians of North and South.

While you both took the human form about a million years later than them, and this is how you first appeared in front of everyone, as completely mature adults!

Because of certain reasons unknown to us spirits, you never really had a childhood form, therefore, within a short period of time you both gained your celestial beast forms and were also blessed with the titles of Guardians of West and East.” Konghou informed, solemnly, frowning

“………Hmm-” Lan Xichen said after a while processing and understanding everything Konghou said with hint of sour tone in her voice when suddenly he was interrupted by a soft thud.

“Wei Ying!” Lan Zhan gasped, seeing the three-year-old baby Fenghuang form of his Wei Ying, the most adorable, cutest and beautiful child in the world, whose small straight back had bent forward with head touching the ground as Fenghuang, his Wei Ying, as usual, fell asleep while doing the meditation.

“Oh god! Not Again!” Zither exclaimed, exasperatedly, “Some things never change! This is what happens whenever Fenghuang is forced to meditate for more than five long minutes! Always!”

Ignoring Zither’s words, Konghou stood up from her position, gracefully, and went towards the asleep Fenghuang, and gently shook her awake, “Master, please, wake up. If you don’t do this meditation properly and cleanse your primordial soul of all the negativities, then your Xixi jiejie would feel hurt, badly.

Come with me, let’s try a different position of performing the meditation,” Konghou coaxed in her soft, gentle voice, guiding the sleepy and pouting, little Fenghuang to sit exactly behind Xuanwu, with her small back touching Xuanwu’s back, “Now feel your jiejie’s energy and focus on our melody. It will guide you through all the stages of meditation, smoothly. And once you are done, you can even play with all of us, here!”

“Really?” Fenghuang asked, controlling and failing to stop her cute yawning, while looking at Konghou, expectantly

“Yes. But first, please continue with the meditation, master. We are all here and waiting for you.” Konghou smiled gently, assuring the toddler who happily closed her eyes and continued with the deep meditation and not even an hour later, both Xuanwu and Fenghuang’s being were engulfed with blinding light and auras of ice blue and fire red and minutes later, when the intensity of blinding light decreased, instead of the two cute human toddlers, everyone witnessed the ethereal five-year-old Xuanwu made of pure frosty ice and three-year-old Fenghuang, made of pure blazing fire!