Clouds of Calamity "Part 4"

"Master, are you sure?! After this, there'll be no turning back," Youling jie asked calmly, one last time, standing at the door of the secret room inside Yashi. 

After Ayuan fell asleep late last night, Youling jie who went outside for a while to know the Gusu Lan Sect's current situation, came back and informed Wei Wuxian about everything. 

It was finally at the break of dawn that Wei Wuxian stopped pacing back and forth, thinking out loud about their grave situation and evaluating all their available options to deal with all these problems in the best possible way.

Only then Wei Wuxian remembered that she yet has to share an important piece of information with everyone. One that she learnt from Wen Chao during the time he mindlessly revealed Wen Rouhan's or maybe his own so-called dreams!

"Yes, Youling jie. Things are already out of control. We don't have much time before Wen Rouhan makes his first move," Wei Wuxian said firmly and seriously

"Alright! Just remember that no matter what happens, your Youling jie will always be with you. No one, absolutely no one can separate us," Youling jie declared, confidently

Wei Wuxian looked at her Youling ji with a soft smile on her face. Her silver eyes welled up with tears and her voice cracked with emotions as she mumbled, "Thank you, Youling jie! I love you!"

"I love you too, my little meimei!" Youling jie ruffled Wei Wuxian's hair with a smile, "It's time to face the world now!"

"Together!" Wei Wuxian said, carefully picking up an asleep Ayuan into her arms and holding her Youling jie's hand, tightly

"Together," Youling jie nodded with a motherly smile on her face

"Why is no one here in Yashi? What time is it?" Wei Wuxian asked, looking around, suspiciously

"It's seven in the morning, master. They would either be in their chambers or busy looking after the restoration work of Cloud Recesses," Youling jie informed, calmly, "If you want, I can go out and call everyone here."

"No need. I have got a better way to call all of them here without arousing anyone's suspicion," Wei Wuxian said, taking out ten blank talisman papers from her qiankun bag. 

She wrote a complicated spell using her blood on each of them before speaking her message to assemble in Yashi for a secret but urgent meeting. And then, the moment she snapped her fingers, all those ten talismans turned into ten tiny fireflies and flew out of Yashi in different directions.

"You never fail to amaze me, meimei!" Youling jie looked at Wei Wuxian, eyes filled with pride and admiration

Wei Wuxian looked at her Youling jie and smiled mischievously, "I must work hard to be able to call myself the master of my more than a century-old Youling jie!"

Youling jie shook her head amusedly, "What will you do if Ayuan wakes up in the middle of the meeting? You haven't even put a sleep spell on him."

Wei Wuxian frowned, "I don't want to. It feels like I'm cheating him whenever I put a sleep spell on him. Besides, there's no danger here and I'll try to keep myself as calm as possible. I'm sure he'll be a good boy and be on his best behaviour as long as I'm fine"

"You do realise that you're taking a risk, don't you? You know how perceptive Ayuan is. And the discussion we're going to have will more than likely take a bad turn. Are you sure you'll be able to keep yourself calm?!"

"I'll...see it then, Youling jie. But for now, just let him sleep naturally," Wei Wuxian dismissed the conversation, holding Ayuan close to her arms and kissing his forehead with a smile on her face.