Epilogue "Part 1"

Ma-mama?! Who- Me?!!” Fenghuang exclaimed in surprise the moment a cherubic small bundle of warmth and sunshine hugged her leg, looking at her with his sparkling doe-like hazel brown eyes, adorably, affectionately and longingly

YOU are Wei Ying! My legitimate wif-” Lan Zhan in form of Qinglong continued, ignoring the presence of Little Ayuan who was again stealing his Wei Ying’s attention, only to be interrupted by his silent Xiongzhang’s sudden obvious clearing of throat and the bone-chilling glaring of Xuanwu.

“What are you all talking about? And whose baby is this? Why’s he calling me his mama? Xixi jie, can you please tell me what’s happening here? Am I… missing something?” Fenghuang asked, looking at her elder sister, exasperatedly, picking up the wailing toddler in her arms and cooing, “Awww sweetheart, please don’t cry, hmm? Are you perhaps lost?! What is your name? Who’s your mama?! You can tell me, sweet little apple. Jiejie promises to help you find your mama immediately but please don’t cry or- or I’ll cry too!!!”

“N-no! Ayuan don’t want you to c-cry, mama! Ayuan missed you so m-much! You promised t-to return after three months and come back to your Ayuan af-after Wen’s training but you didn’t! I’m An-gry! Don’t send Ayuan away, mama! Only you are Ayuan’s mama! N-no one else!” Ayuan cried, bawling his eyes out, hugging Fenghuang’s neck with his trembling small arms, tightly and securely, too scared to lose her again.

“Master! I’m sorry for disappointing you! Forgive your idiot Youling jie for being incapable of protecting myself, let alone protecting others, from the control of that vicious entity.

If… it wasn’t for my illusion spell, you wouldn’t have suffered so much and you wouldn’t even have married- Oh! I’m so sorry, Wei Wuxian!” Youling jie said miserably in her deep, slightly hoarse voice, choked with emotions

“…”

“…”

“…Erm Married?! Xixi jie? What is she saying? Who are they?! And Who is this Wei Wuxian? Are they mistaking me for someone else?!” Fenghuang whispered to her Xixi jie, secretly, mindful of others feelings and emotions before mumbling to herself, “If they’re all mistaking me for some Wei Wuxian, then why am I feeling so…heavy at heart, hurt and painful?

As if…I somehow know them and yet, can’t find them in my memories…” she took in a deep breath, raising her head and asking Xuanwu with her unconsciously glistening eyes, “Xixi jie…help your little meimei, will you?! All of a sudden, I’m feeling so lost and confused.

“I’ll tell you everything, master, for even Xuanwu is unaware of most of the details,” Chenqing informed in a serious, cold voice, trying hard but failing miserably in not showing his disappointment, frustration, anger and hurt at what his master had done.

It’s his job to protect his master, his duty, responsibility and the only reason for existence! Not the other way around! How can she not even allow him to do his own role, fulfil his responsibility in the most crucial time!

“What do you know about all of this, Dizi?! What happened to her?! What did she do now?!” Xuanwu asked Chenqing while her cold blue eyes stared down at her little meimei, unflinchingly

“W-why are you both looking at me as if I-I’ve committed a grave mistake? Qinglong gege? Baihu gege? Wangji, Liebing, Konghou? What’s wrong?! Why are you all staring at me like this?!” Fenghuang said in her sweet, innocently alluring, ethereal voice that had the power of compelling people to spill the truths but before she could use her tricks to get her answers, two beautiful immortal women and a uniquely immortal young man lunged at her and the now sound asleep toddler in her arms, wrapping her in their warm embrace, crying and sobbing words of comfort and relief, baffling Fenghuang even more, “Gods! For heaven’s sake, can anyone of you please tell me, just what is happening here?!