Clouds of Calamity "Part 2"

Wuxian finally regained her senses and looked at Lan Xixi, bothered.

She could feel an ominous foreboding with the way Lan Xixi looked at her with that softest smile on her face that made Wei Wuxian want to puke instead.

And then, Lan Xixi closed her eyes.

Her whole being started glowing with a cold icy blue aura.

At once the temperature dropped sharply to several degrees, a blizzard started blowing blurring everyone's vision, birds stopped chirping, the cold pond stopped rippling, cultivators stopped moving, swords stopped clashing, grasses at Lan Xixi's feet turned sharp blades of ice and soon except for the spot where Wuxian was standing, the entire Cloud Recesses was covered with a thin layer of ice!

From grasses to walls, trees to buildings, every inch, every corner of the Cloud Recesses was covered with ice with no trace of the blazing fire that was destroying everything just moments ago.

However, the freezing didn't stop...

Even after the fire was purged, the ice kept increasing and Lan Xixi kept glowing brighter, more luminous with every passing second! Eventually, becoming so blinding that even Wei Wuxian who was standing close, right in front of Lan Xixi, couldn't even see her silhouette!

"Xixi! Stop! You've done it! We're saved! The fire is out! Control yourself, Xixi! Stop it, NOW!" Wei Wuxian panicked when even after shaking the now ice-cold hands of Lan Xixi that were still holding hers, vigorously, Wei Wuxian didn't get any response.

"Lan Xixi! As your Sect Leader, I command you! Control your powers! It's enough!" Lan Xichen shouted, his voice filled with worry, desperation and a fear of the unknown.

Wei Wuxian couldn't understand what was happening with Xixi. Her instinct was blaring at her, forcing her to do something now or it'll be too late. Therefore, she did the only thing she could think of at that moment to calm down Lan Xixi and help her balance her energy.

Quickly, Wei Wuxian gave the sleeping Ayuan to Youling jie and hugged Xixi, tightly in her arms.

And suddenly, the temperature stopped dropping and the blizzard stopped blowing, just as abruptly as it started!

Not just stopped but all those layers and layers of ice started melting, quickly.

The unnatural quietness that descended upon the Cloud Recesses was deafening and fraught. Everyone remained silent. Some with shock and some with disbelief. Except for the slashing of swords now and then and the crackling and trickling sound of rapidly melting ice, nothing could be heard.

However, Wei Wuxian could not only hear the sound of thawing ice but also felt herself getting doused by the ice-cold water. And for the first time in her life, Wei Wuxian was scared of believing what her senses were screaming at her.

Still, Wei Wuxian willed herself. To open her eyes with the only motive of denying whatever she was feeling only to wail in horror.

For right there, in her arms, wasn't a warm human but a Lan Xixi made of ice who was melting too quickly to be saved.

"XIXI!!! W-What's happening? I...don't, no tell me! Tell me how to save you! Tell me quickly! I can't lose you! Don't do this to me, Xixi! I'll hate you forever! TELL ME HOW TO SAVE YOU!!!" Wei Wuxian cried scared out of her mind as Xixi, her first friend and companion, was melting away from her life, forever

"Don't cry, Wuxian. I'm fine," Lan Xixi whose fingers were already melting whispered while trying to wipe Wuxian's tears, in vain, with a calm but lopsided smile as her face started melting too.