Clouds of Calamity "Part 10"

No matter how anyone saw it, those sincere heartfelt words that came from a fifteen-year-old Wei Wuxian's mouth, that unnaturally calm yet firm voice hiding all the storming emotions and that small contented smile playing on Wei Wuxian's lips as she said those words only felt like a farewell.

As if, Wei Wuxian was coming to terms with her fate that was long sealed by the Powers High Above.

For the next half an hour, Wei Wuxian herself took the initiative and moved towards her shocked-frozen Shijie, Jiang Cheng and Jun shushu and hugged them one by one. Relishing their warmth, love and care, enjoying these precious moments of peace and calmness... before the cold winds of change bring forth the storm.

Meanwhile, everyone else worked together to discuss, understand and plan out the nitty-gritty of Wei Wuxian's plan, how they'll proceed ahead from today onwards, Youling's valuable help at every stage of their plan, how they'll communicate with each other while keeping the secrecy, ways to eliminate the puppets and varied levels of false information that would be fed to the remaining puppets by each Sect.

It also came to view that while this all was going to be a tough task for Gusu Lan and Qinghe Nie clans, it will be difficult for Yunmeng Jiang and even more for the Lanling Jin clan whose Sect leaders were absent in this meeting.

Jiang Cheng and Yanli assured everyone to convey all the important information from today's discussion, with the exception of Youling jie's act and Wei Wuxian's whereabouts, to their father and convince him of the same.

Nie Huaisang gave ideas that surprisingly were supported by the elders on handling Sect Leader Jin Guangshan, by simply removing him from his position and making Jin Zixuan the new Sect Leader with the majority of votes, within a month.

With everything falling in place, Youling jie was the first who left and started with her given tasks followed by others who left Yashi one by one with their respective share of tasks in mind. Finally, it was time for Youling jie to disguise herself as Wei Wuxian and leave Cloud Recesses along with Yanli and Jiang Cheng and travel along with them to Lotus Pier and continue with her act all the way till the end.

Muffled cries, unshed tears and lingering hugs were all that pushed Wei Wuxian's control to the edge and yet she persevered, showing little to no weakness and hesitation on her face while her breathing felt constricted and her heart convulsed in pain and fear of the unknown.

It was Lan Wangji, Healer Fu and an awake, confused and worried Ayuan whose doe-like warm honey-brown eyes stared fixedly at his mama, as they accompanied Wei Wuxian to the Sacred Cave.

***Flashback ends***

"Hmm. What about his sword practice and music skills? Have you taught him all our Lan Clan's melodies and songs?" Lan Xichen asked knowingly, with a soft smile on his face

"Mn. Elder Lan Yi's order," Lan Zhan said as an explanation for teaching an outsider their Gusu Lan Clan's exclusive songs

Lan Xichen laughed, his delightful voice sounding foreign to his own years after months of being mournful and upset, "You don't have to give an explanations to me, Didi. I know what you would have done even if there wasn't any order. Just remember that irrespective of the circumstances, the sooner you'll confess your feelings to Wei gongzi, the better it will be."

"He's not yet ready," Lan Zhan said, frowning

"It's not up to you to decide, Wangji. We'll never be able to fully understand someone's thoughts and feelings until we talk to them and discuss our concerns and worries." Lan Xichen said gently and calmly, "I know, you're hesitating and it's not only because of your own fears and doubts but also that child, Ayuan, the Wens and this whole situation.