Epilogue "Part 3"

...The world then really needed Spring and Autumn besides Summer and Winter to restore its balance.

But as we know, none of our actions goes without consequences.

This universe has its own peculiar way of bringing everything together, at the right place, at the right time.

Years passed by...

This world, continued to change but the nature of humans, remained the same.

When we thought things were about to get out of control, decisively, we sent Xuanwu to the mortal realm first, hoping her presence would keep the darkness at bay but that didn’t stop it from growing malicious by the time.

And soon, it found its way out of the depths of the earth, but because of their selfless sacrifices...with a few others...” Houtu paused, looking at Baoshan Sanren and Lan Yi, “...The world was saved and the darkness, it was subdued for a while, only to come back much stronger, darker than humans could ever imagine.

It was then, your father summoned you all and informed you about your incarnation in the mortal realm, your role and responsibilities and a destiny to be fulfilled, to save the world and regain the lost parts of your souls, but not without a price.”

“Lost parts of souls?! Wasn’t I the only one who-” Fenghuang asked carefully but before Houtu could answer, she exclaimed, “The universe always has a way to maintain its balance!

Because I lost a part of my soul, they lost theirs too! But, what about the price?

Why don’t I remember anything about this incarnation?!”

“Because that’s one of the prices you chose to pay yourself, master. To be forgotten, to punish yourself for being the source of that darkness, the Yin Iron, which was actually the lost part of your soul,” Chenqing spoke firmly, looking straight into the enchanting black sparkling eyes of his master, “I can tell you the rest, everything you wish to learn about your life in the mortal realm, only if you’d allow me.”

“…Yes, please,” Fenghuang whispered, trembling, sinking deeper into the warm arms of Qinglong, dreading the  knowledge she'd chosen to forget and yet, didn’t want to remain unknown to anything that lead to this day when her parents are disappearing, right in front of her eyes, on their own will, and she can do absolutely nothing to stop them from leaving her…

.

.

.

…and you came back to life in that weak, destroyed body of Wei Wuxian, for a mere quarter of an hour, only to wipe the Yin Iron’s existence from the world, accept its darkness, its essence of hell fire into your soul and burn to ashes, and be forgotten from every mortal’s memory, forever.” Chenqing said, sighing heavily

“…”

"..."

"..."

“I-I actually married Qinglong gege’s incarnation… while he was under the influence of Yin Iron?!” Fenghuang mumbled to herself in disbelief, feeling ashamed, guilty of her actions, struggling to break free of Qinglong gege’s arms that wrapped around her waist even more tightly, as Qinglong spoke in his deep, firm, and soothing voice, “I love you. Have always loved you, Fenghuang, my sweet Wei Ying, my beautiful wife. In every form, in every birth, for all eternities, I’ll only belong to you.

Our marriage, heartfelt promises, all of our precious kisses and moments of love we shared in those few weeks, was all me, alone.

My desire to love you, be with you, was strong enough to weaken Yin Iron’s control but, I failed to control him when he used my body to scheme and plot against you, used Youling’s illusion to fool you and- right after our wedding, distracted by my own happiness, I absolutely failed to stop it from- hurting you with harsh words, cruel lies, and then wielding Bichen to pierce your heart!