Clouds of Calamity "Part 5"

Nie Mingjue nodded slowly, "Your guess is probably right, Wei gongzi. There's no way one would have predicted you'd get stabbed that day, much less by a random Wen disciple's sword."

"Especially not when Lan Xichen, aware of Wen gongzi training his disciples in the field, went to find you and stop you from leaving the Library Pavillion to prevent a fight between you and Wen gongzi, but you jumped out of the window seconds before he reached there," Jin Zixuan bit his cheek to stop himself from smiling in this serious situation

"Why did you jump out of the Library Pavillion's window?" Qingheng-Jun frowned, confusedly

Wei Wuxian's face burned red with embarrassment as she side-glanced at Lan Zhan whose stoic face revealed nothing of his wild thoughts and at Grandmaster Lan who was grumbling under his breath while looking at her disdainfully, "Err...it was an emergency, Sect Leader Qingheng-Jun!"

"Hmm, and if that incident wasn't planned and intended then it could only mean that those Wen Puppets had their swords poisoned all the time they were here. It's only a miracle we didn't face any casualties," Jiang Cheng interjected, glancing at Wei Wuxian and blinked at her reassuringly, as he brought the conversation back to its original discussion

"Yes. Later Lan Zhan and I got sucked into the Sacred Cave of the cold pond. There, we met Elder Lan Yi who gave us the Yin iron and asked us to...to inform all the sects about the impending danger and find other pieces of Yin iron before Wen Rouhan and keep them out of his reach...

After we returned from the sacred cave, I learnt that Qing jiejie, Ning gege and Jun shushu had to act like they didn't know me because all of us were under the surveillance of Wen puppets. Wen Rouhan had sent the Wen siblings here along with the puppets with the task of finding Yin iron as well as gathering more information about me."

"Ae aeaeae!!! Hold On, Wei Xiong! Who is Jun shushu? And why does Sect Leader Wen wants to gather information about you?" Nie Huaisang asked, curiously

Wei Wuxian looked at Healer Fu hesitantly, who gave her a brief nod of approval, before saying, "Healer Fu is my Jun Shushu. Son of Healer Shi, Head Healer of Yunmeng Jiang Sect and sworn brother of my father, Wei Changze.

And the reason why Wen Rouhan wants information about me is that...he needs me to fulfil his lifelong dream of ruling over the whole cultivation world. The story goes back to when I was separated from my family about eleven years ago and rumours spread about my pare- parents dying in a night hunt.

However, Sect Leader Wen has been spreading another rumour, although passively. That it was me who killed bobo, bomu and my own parents.

While I was completely unaware of such rumours, it was the Wen siblings and Jun shushu who heard about it, after they returned from the Yonheng mountains, four years ago and investigated the truth behind it."

"Yongheng mountains? The one where the great immortal Baoshan Sanren resides?" Qingheng-Jun asked, surprised

"Yes, Sect Leader. I along with Wen Qing and Wen Ning are the disciples of the immortal Baoshan Sanren, Wei Wuxian's grandmother. As you all know that Yongheng mountains are completely cut-off from the outside world, therefore we never got to know about anything until we left the mountains and came here.

It came as a huge shock when we learnt that our family was murdered and Axian went missing. I even wanted to return back and inform everything to the grandmaster but it's impossible to find the Yongheng mountains again, for the disciples who leave the mountains on their own accord without attaining immortality."

"Nonsense!" Grandmaster Lan harrumphed, frowning

"Unfortunately, it's not, grandmaster Lan." Healer Fu said, solemnly, "Else anyone would be able to find the Yongheng mountains, which is exactly the opposite of what our grandmaster wants."