Searching Yin Iron "Part 7"

*Dedicated to all my patient and lovely readers, on whose support I'm thriving and motivated to do my best! Especially danity2016 and paromita!!! Wish you a blessed year ahead <3*

Lan Zhan was able to reach the Temple of the Dancing Goddess just after sunrise.

From the moment Youling teleported, Lan Zhan had spent every single minute of his time either flying or meditating and playing Rest

He didn't stop, didn't eat, didn't sleep... Only did what was needed the most. 

And at that moment there were only two things, to reach his Wei Ying as soon as possible and to keep the Yin iron safe. That's how he was able to save a few more hours and reached earlier than expected.

Yet...he was late. Too late.

The statue of the goddess was back in its place, still and unmoving but the proof of the havoc it wreaked was on display for everyone to see. The scene inside the temple was enough to cause any ordinary individual and weak-hearted cultivators to faint with the stench of blood and the amount of gore spilt everywhere.

But Lan Zhan was unfazed.

He steeled his heart to find a wounded, fainted Wei Ying lying somewhere but when even after searching every corner of the temple not once but thrice, he neither find his Wei Ying nor felt the presence of Youling jie, Lan Zhan's heart filled with dread and panic as he drew a few deep, shuddering breath.

He now knew from experience that these feelings weren't any good for him, especially not when he has Yin iron in his custody so Lan Zhan calmed himself, took out Wangji and played Enquiry to ask the souls for the whereabouts of his Wei Ying first.

No sooner did Lan Zhan ask than he received Youling jie's reply directly and also got to know the reason behind her current situation.

Lan Zhan's doubt was confirmed when he learnt that it happened because of removing Yin iron from the statue and knew how guilty his Wei Ying must be feeling. He learnt how his injured, exhausted but stubborn Wei Ying fought alongside Youling jie against the goddess, how she dangerously climbed on the goddess's shoulder with one hand after knowing that her touch helped to reduce the goddess's Yang energy, greatly. He also learnt how because of that stunt, her spiritual energy was so drained that she couldn't even speak and recklessly slid down from that high statue and almost had to crawl out of the temple.

Youling jie told Lan er gongzi that although her master decreased the goddess's Yang energy by more than half of the starting level, she as a ghost was still no match for the goddess. Therefore, as the goddess tried to absorb her Yin energy to regain her balance, Youling jie gradually lost all her powers and turned back into a weak invisible soul.

Because she was too weak and the temple was full of resentment energy, Youling jie stayed here to regain some of her powers. The first thing she did after being able to sense her master was to know her well-being. Despite her powers being one-fourth of her full potential, she was able to locate her master and that's when she saw her extremely vulnerable condition. 

She saw how Wen Chao's soldiers captured her, beat her, kicked her, stepped on her broken arm and threatened her with the life of devotees and a child, forcing her to give him the Yin iron. She saw how the child's father who was talking to her master at one moment turned into a puppet in another and chased after her master with a dagger in his hand. 

She saw her master running around that old building quite familiarly and then entering a secret room hidden inside another room. After that, probably because of her master's protection barrier and her low strength, she couldn't see anything.