Life among Lotuses "Part 2"

Healer Shi chuckled seeing A'xian's wide open eyes filled with surprise and confusion.

When I checked your body for external and internal injuries, I could feel it. Your original appearance.

A'jun once informed me that everyone will always see you as a boy. I guessed it's some sort of strong illusion but now I feel that it lacks in effectiveness.

"No no no... It doesn't lacks in effectiveness, Shi Nainai! Before, only Bomu and Qing Jiejie could feel my real appearance.

Mother said that the spell trusted them with my identity. Now you also can feel it. This means the spell trusts you too. I am so happy Shi Nainai!!!"

"Oh! Really?!" Healer Shi chuckled while tickling A'xian

"Yes!" A'xian exclaimed, laughing and giggling happily

Youling saw the scene unfold beautifully. She herself was unaware of her master's true appearance and even now, she couldn't find fault with the spell whatsoever.

She felt a little untrustworthy but knew better. Her master is different. Someone with secrets that couldn't be revealed.

Only now she realised how much lonely a child must have felt who can't even tell who she really was.

Even after being present by her side all along, she now somehow, felt lacking.

But seeing her little master being truly happy after a long time, she couldn't get enough of it.

She felt as if her heart started beating with joy, even though she was just a ghost. Her master's smiles had that impact on her and for once, she did not want it to end.

The night progressed quickly with Healer Shi and A'xian getting to know each other, sharing stories and memories.

A mother missing her only son for years and a daughter missing her whole family found solace in each other's arms.

They didn't even realise when they fell asleep.

Youling smiled, hovering over their sleeping forms and covered them with a blanket.

She brushed her master's hair with her fingers and kissed her forehead lovingly wishing her a good night when suddenly to her horror, a strong force sucked her out of the room.
.
.
.
"What the hell do you think you are doing?" A dominant captivating voice of a male echoed in the silence of the night

Youling felt dizzy and irritated and angry.

Just when she was feeling alive and happy for the first time in her whole existence, someone had to ruin it.

She knew, whoever this was, was much.. much more powerful than her. And she herself was no measly ghost but a force to reckon with.

She stabilized herself and opened her eyes to check her surrounding and to her surprise, she found herself standing just outside the barriers of Burial Mounds.

"If you are done looking around then can you answer my question Miss... Scarlet?!!!

Dear Heavens! Just look at way you dress! You look so..... Tch tch tch!!!

I'm just so glad that master is unable to see dead souls right now or you would have definitely tainted her innocence"

Youling already was feeling out of place and angry but hearing that statement, she snapped.

"And what do YOU think you are doing Mr... Oh! You are a beauty yourself Mr. Handsome!" She smirked but internally she was seething with anger. 'How dare this stupid arrogant boy look down upon her!'