Master of Burial Mounds "Part 1"

“It’s actually you, the so-called Saviour sent by the immortals and divinities to control and eliminate Yin Iron’s existence, restore the balance of nature and save the world! Hah! What a joke!

You’re the one, whom our Sect Leader and those ferocious ghosts of Burial Mounds have been trying to search for over sixteen years!! And to think we once thought you’d help our Sect Leader achieve his aim of ruling over the whole world after attaining immortality!

What a great disappointment! We wasted so many years searching and waiting for an immortal, FOR YOU! Only if we knew earlier that you were not merely a child having the blood of immortals running in your veins but also the one chosen by the deities to end the era of Yin Iron, I’d have killed you long ago, little meimei!

Still, I’m impressed how you were able to hide your real identity as a girl for all these years and even now! Such a marvellous work of illusion done by who-so-ever helped you to escape from my eyes!” Wen Qing’s forcefully rough, cold voice echoed in the surrounding as she walked stiffly towards the groaning, panting, heavily injured and worried Wei Wuxian who was trying hard to get back on her feet and keep those Wens puppets and Wen Qing away from a barely conscious Lan Zhan.

Wei Wuxian knew, her Qing jiejie and everyone in the Wen army was controlled by Metallic Sun aka Yin Iron. And that last line about being impressed… she knew Qing jiejie would never say something like that because her identity as a girl was known to her Qing jiejie since forever!

But, the fact that this Wen Qing knows her identity, and her secret of being a Saviour, which Wei Wuxian herself doesn’t have much information about, only means it’s actually Yin Iron who finally knows her secrets! But how?

“The sword, Wei Wuxian! That dark ancient sword is full of heavy resentment which you grabbed so recklessly inside that cave! That wasn’t just a sword but the fifth and largest piece of Yin Iron! The same piece of Yin Iron we lost hope of finding again ever since your immortal grandmother took it with herself and went into hiding, five centuries ago!

It recognised the blood of immortals flowing in your veins. It recognised Baoshan Sanren as owner, only because she was immortal, unaffected by its mind control! But that doesn’t mean she can control it! She was successful in subduing Yin Iron in that cave, so much that we could never sense it, no matter how hard we tried but thanks to her granddaughter, the so-called Saviour!” Wen Qing’s hoarse voice worried Wei Wuxian as she watched her jiejie laughing menacingly, under the control of Yin Iron.

Forgetting all about her pain, the arrows still stuck in her bleeding wounds, the dangers looming all around her, Wei Wuxian stumbled as she dragged herself closer to her Qing jiejie with tears in her eyes and whispered, “Jiejie… it’s your Wuxian, jiejie. Please, I know you can hear me, Qing jiejie, try to overcome this dark control. This isn’t you, jiejie. Your little meimei needs you, jiejie. I miss you… so much…” she whispered with bated breath and felt a bit of relief seeing tears welling up in Qing jiejie’s eyes but before she could let her guards down, Wei Wuxian shrieked in pain as her Qing jiejie, whose tears were still rolling down her cheeks, pushed another arrow right into Wei Wuxian’s heart and said in a surreal, almost hollow echoing voice that most certainly not belonged to her, “Don’t try to outsmart me, little girl! Although my mind control is still ineffective on your close to immortality, golden core, it won’t stop me from killing you and removing you from my way!

But, I won’t kill you.

Those deities thought they could control me, end me just by sending a fragile and weak girl like you, having power and ability to control resentment energy! Huh! So, let me show them, show them how I take control of every single human’s mind and every living being in their precious world!