Chapter ninteen

Novas POV

" okay old man come on" I said belong Colin up. " how about we order out?" Scarlett said as we walked back in and I nodded I mean I don't mind what we get. " I want a burger from in N out" and I tilted my head that's the place that Americans always go too in those YouTube bodeyi used to watch as a kid. " wait nova have you ever tried it?" Ans I shook my head " no I've never actually ate out I'm places like that or visited around actually" I've seen New York obviously like parts that we've drive in but I've not experienced it and god knows when I will. " right get in the car I'm taking you" Colin said and I nodded " okay" I said I mean who am I to argue I wanna explore. " I'll stay with the kids don't get into to trouble and Colin look after her!" And he nodded I mean I'm not a child but she seems very adamant on it and I've learned very fast we don't argue when Scarlett is adamant on something. She scares me soooo there that.

" okay let's go" he said and I nodded he let me connect my phone to the car and play my music which he sang with me. It was like being on a drive with you're best friend just singing at the top of you're lungs. I soon looked aorund and the buildings are so tall. " there a drive thru here?" And he smirked " no I just remembered you haven't really seen New York so I took a different way" and I. Offer smiling I looked out of the window to admire the buildings. " I didn't realise how close we are to water here" and he looked at me with curiosity in his eyes " what do you mean? You don't have rivers in England?" And I shook my head " not really, not like this I mean London yeh but not everywhere else" and he nodded " well this is you're new home" he said with a soft smile and I make dback. I hadn't  opens my phone which against hard to believe for someone my age but I just don't use it much unless I have to. And I do use tiktok a lot. But I don't go on anything else.

We drove for another 10 minutes until we got to the restaurant. " do you know what you wnat" and I shook my head " you pick what you think I'll like but no salad " and he nodded smiling " a double cheese burger with no salad and animal style fries.." and he said the rest of the order I'm glad he got no salad for me yeh I asked but I know I'll enjoy whatever the food is now.

We drove home and Colin and I started to talk " tell me a secret and I'll tell you one" he said and he spoke again " I can go first if you want" and I nodded that sounds better so I know just what to say " well I was bullied at school and when I told my grandad he told me it was because I dressed like a girl which honestly wasn't true I just didn't fit the manly vibe. Anyway that's always tuck with me on everything" and I frowned " he sounds like a nightmare" and Colin chuckled " he was a racist, homophobic asshole" and I sighed " well my parents did some things. My dad was worse then my mom but one thing they both did was always tell me how much they didn't want me. How I didn't even deserve to live with them. When I was 12 I started to pay rent." And he looked at me with pure shock " nova you're really strong. Did you never tell anyone?" And I nodded " I did but no one cared. There were so many more scenarios that were a lot worse that were major red flags but no one did anything to help me they just let me stay" and he looked at me " I'm sorry" and I shook my head " you did nothing so why he sorry. I don't live here and i grew out of caring" I shrugged because what else do I say Colin made me feel safe so I opened up and he isn't telling me it's my fault he's trying to help me.

" are you okay to go in or do you want to stay here for a while longer." And I shook my head " let's go in But all of this can it stay between us?" And he nodded " ofcourse it will. It's you're story and I'd never share that" and I smiled at him " thanks Colin" ans he smiled taking the food. We walked in the house and Scarlett called out for us we walked into the kitchen and her eyes found mine straight away and she looked worried " what happened?" She asked walking towards me and I froze how the fuck did she know I didn't even cry! " we were listening to sad music" Colin said and she nodded not coming closer but she didn't take her eyes from me. " novie?" Ans I nodded while she sighed and came to give me a hug. I felt like I needed it so I hugged her back and rested my face in her neck " I got you" she whispered and I nodded " I know scarly" I whispered back and she pulled v am after a few minutes " scarly may be my new favourite nickname" she said softly moving my hair from my face and she smiled " come on let's get you in there to eat you're first in N out" and I smiled Colin had left us and gone to the living room to eat. " right can you try it now" he said smiling and I nodded. I sat down and took thebnruher taking a big bite. It actually tasted to fucking good. " Jesus" is all I said and he nodded " right!" And I also just put my hand out taking some fries which also tasted like heaven.

_____________________________

Anyone else watch suits?

Remember to drink water

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️