Chapter seventy six

Scarlett's POV

I sat back down and I sighed deep breath I can't break down again novas watching me. The mean lawyer stood up I swear I dunno How to stop shaking. I could see Lizzie sat with my mom and Robbie at the back behind Colin. And then I looked backs and took a deep breath " miss johansson  do you think you deserve to be her mother?" This Isn't as bad as I thought it'd be " I don't think I do. I think she's s amazing young women who the world had treated like shit but she's my little girl and I love her too much to pretend like she's not mine" and he nodded " but you were happy to do that's when you abandoned her" and there it is. That more like what I expected from him " miss?" And I nodded " no I did not." And he tilted his head " but you decided not to raise her correct?" Ans I nodded " well yes but" and he cut me off " so you abandon her and then want her back when she's old enough and gone through life" can he just let me fucking talk " I didn't abandon her " and he did not stop " then what do you call it? Because you didn't give her a better life miss johansson actually you made it worse for her then it ever needed to be. I bet the only reason she stayed was because she said they were family but that's not even true. And now she's had no actual reason to have gone through any of it. " and i just sat there I looked over too the person who were writing oh no this can't be good" you had two kids of you're own ones you're happy to have and thought it's convenient for you now to have her to be in you're life" and I was cut of when I tried to speak again "
I mean what kind of me mOther leaves her baby" and that blew it for me " one that cares more about their kids happiness then there  own. If I was selfish id have kept her and not been around to raise her but I gave her up to what I thought was a better life for her if I'd known I'd never have left her" and he tilted his head " but you did give her up. And then you lied to her. You are not fit to look after her and it's clear you favour the other two over her" and I looked over at nova who just looked sad. Does he believe that? " that's not true. I don't prefer rose or Cosmo to her. Novie I don't. The three of you are equal to me and yeh it sounds dumb but you are." And she looked at me when I said her name. She listened to me and I saw a small smile and she mouthed " I know" and I sighed in relief I don't care what he has to say but nova matters.

That's when my lawyer stood up " I think that's enough from the council" and the judge nodded " you may approach" he said to my lawyer and he stood up and gave me a kind smile " hi Scarlett" and I smiled " hi" he gave me a tissue and I thanked him  " what's one thing you want?" And I liked at him kind of confused and he chuckled " it's not a trick question just what is one thing you want?" And I knew my answer but maybe it's too wrong for this " just say Scarlett there isn't a right or wrong answer" and I nodded " for nova to call me mama" I didn't look at her on purpose I don't wanna put pressure of her for no reason. This bull shit of a trial is enough I don't want added stress. " do you want anything else when it comes to nova?" Ans I nodded " I wanna be able to cuddle my baby. I wanna be able to have a mother daughter day where we get to do things together. I wanna be the one she talks to about boys or girls. I wanna be the one she comes to for comfort. I wanna be her mama" I whispered and then I risked the look at my daughter band I couldn't read her. She looked at me but she looked back at my Lawyer  just as fast. " we know you're financially stable and that you can provide a good home for nova but we all need to know where she stands with you" and I nodded " she's my daughter. I want her to reach her dreams. I want her to have no regrets and do what she WAnts. If that means spending all my money to get her there I will. Il support her with whatever as I will for the other two. I wanna be there on her wedding day I wanna be there for her first child and ans I wanna be there for her firsts" and he smiled " no more questions you're honour I think we heard what we needed too" and he walked away " we did. You can take you're seat now miss johansson" and I nodded getting up and sitting down im happy that's over. " I believe there is something the opposition would like to say" the judge said to novas side. Her lawyer will stood up and smiled " you're honour nova would like the court to take a recess" and she smiled " ofcourse we can take a 20 minute one give time for you all to prepare for the next questioning" and they all kissed and the judge hit the gavel and stood up. " go get a coffee or something  to eat" my lawyer  said to me and I nodded. I turned back and Colin smiled at me " you okay?" And I nodded " I saw how nova went to comfort you before" and I nodded yeh she did. She came because she saw I needed her. " you're doing so well" my mom said hugging me now and Lizzie smiled " you are, im gonna go over to be with nova okay?" Ans I nodded yes I'd rather he be ether so my baby has someone with her. " good job scar" Robbie said and then   followed Lizzie.

______________________________

Remember to drink water

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️