Chapter sixty four

Novas POV

Why's the taxis so Damn expensive should of just let lizard drive me at this rate. I'm being charged so much and yeh I can afford it which I woudkbt have been able to do if not for this job which I think I only got because I'm related to Scarlett but anyway I can't even fathom this.

I got of this very expensive taxi and went into the building. Now will and I were at the home together at one point. You know one of the many times
My dad got me and we'll the school suspected something so while they investigated I had to go to care home  well will was older but he still took care of me while I was there and made sure I  was safe and fed. He's then left  and became a lawyer here in New York and he's now the CEO at such a young age I was proud of him.  he's kept me well taken care of and makes sure I can do things
Legally. He loves the thrill and I love just not being in any trouble.

So yeh he's an old friend but not because I see him as my brother and I am his kids god mother. I forgot that but yeh they came to visit all the time and I've met my god daughter before she asks pretty. " hey you" will said an I'll inhale nd coming to hug me which I reciprocated. " hi" and he smiled " you grew squirt" and it rolled my eyes he think it's funny I'm so short. That's Scarlett's fault. " okay you have a lot to catch me up on" he said taking a seat at his desk and I nodded yeh I do have lost to tell him. " so I got a job out here with Scarlett and Colin and I took it. And we'll it was all fine and then I found a DNA test that said she's my biological mum. And she'd been suspicious of me being her daughter from the start but didn't tell me. And we'll pretty much everyone else knew. I just didn't and I was really enough working for her and Colin but then they lied to me and kept secrets from me. So now here I am. I mean I'm okay with them nkw and we're doing good but I don't know about them trying to parent me especially Scarlett after she gave up on me" and he nodded " wow novs tahts a lot" and I nodded " exactly can you see how I feel. It's been a long day. It's been a long life actually" and he nodded. He knows what I mean by that. I'm just so fed up with the world being so against me.

" hey maybe this isn't a bad thing?" And I groaned " don't even William. I know she's like amazing me he is too and I see how they parent there so good but she didn't wanna be that for me" and he nodded " I get that" and I let him continue " she didn't choose you and it hurts" and I nodded " this whole thing is about what's best for you so I'm going to make sure the judge does what's best for you not just trying to make Scarlett happy but to make you happy" he said na so smiled " thanks will" and he smiled " so we're you ever gonna tell me about moving here permanently?" And I gave him an awkward laugh "it's okay don't worry. I don't blame you for not telling me you've had so much going on" and I nodded thank gof he doesn't hold that against me I'd have cried in his office until he did forgive me. " you know you're the closest thing I have to family though novs. I love you and I'm gonna fight for you" and I smiled " thanks" and then his assistant came In " I'll look the files over and we'll talk okay" and I nodded " I'll see you later will" and I left yeh room. I felt like I had a weight lifted from my shoulders but it was put back when I remembered it's just the start of all of this.

Now I don't mind I don't but when it gets too much and no one cares it hurt mes. Because these people should care and if Scarlett did None of this would be happening. I don't wanna tell people about my life I'm getting judged na dmh life gets made up for me by someone who doesn't even know me. And anyway I make my own money why does she need to be my guardian? Like I'm old enough now I don't need one so the fact that this is all balling to me. he may be ruling in whatever Scarlett wants this could turn into her firing me and him agreeing a it's what's best for me. Or him just saying she's not gonna be able to stay in the country and she need ego go back to England. Of he said that to me I'd freak out.

I got outside and I can't even take another taxi knowing how expensive it's going to be. So I pulled my phone outa nd called liz " hey" I said amass she answered " hey what's up?" Ans I knew she knew but she wasn't going to say until I ask " can you come get me" and I heard a little chuckle from her " I dunno here you are" and I rolled my eyes wow thanks for saying all of that to me it does so much.

My evening if just hurting and I'm so tired I just want this day over with. Lizzie came very fast liek she has bene waiting but she was looking around to be nosy and find outs why I was doing here. " so yeh weather?" Ans I rolled myebeys is this her small talk because that's question just makes me uncomfortable and I don't like it. It's just of a huge Ken for me to remember.

_____________________________

Remember to drink water

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️