Chapter sixty five

Scarlett's POV

I heard the door open and so I knew Nova was back and I cannot wait to hug her and find out what wasn't in with my kids. Scarlett get a grip ofcourse she is cold Ans I sighed she's my kid i where did she get all of that. I can't even grow  w pair  and it's not like I ever like making anything isn't easy for me.

Novas POV

I stayed up do some work but I could hear some talking and loads of voices just coming from downstairs which makes no Sense  because there all old and they go bed so early so how are they all still wake? Like I really don't know but I can hear them all.

Lizzie now thinks  I'm an idiot but a fun one atleast. And welllll I am going through a lot right now and I don't know why it is I'm supposed to do. I'm just hurt and sad and this isn't fun at all. Scarlett tried to talk to
Me and I shut down because I'd rather not talk to her thanks.  And next week is the court case so I'll be taking the stand next week. It's so long away I just want this all done over with but apparently I can't  do that just yet.

Scarlett and I were friends and she was also boss now  this whole relationship is just complicated. I just don't know what to say I'm actually just at a loss.

I had tried to listen to what they were all saying but I felt bad because if I was them id not wnat someone to ease drop even if it's about them: and so even if they talk abit me I shouldn't hear it because if they wanted me to hear I'd have heard.

Scarlett's POV

" she's pulling away" I said and the other three looked at me but Lizzie knew what I was talking  about. The boys looked so confused but atleast I ain't imagining it. " no listen she's a good kid she's just got a lot  on" Lizzie said but Robbie spoke " someone could of said something to upset her?" And I shook my head I try and keep her away from people like them.

I have a great aunt she's not even really related to me but she is very old fashioned and my nova is a person of colour and I know her dad is to thank for that atleast I know something about the man. I'm glad she got what she needed from eveyone but can I ask what am I sooo see to do: she'll be back and she'll give you it. I try to keep her away from all of that I know what that women is like she sucks the life out of the room. But no one says anything even me she's apart of the family. But there's a family function tomorrow like the whole family and I'm gonna have to take the kids and nova there with Colin. I don't wanna take nova into any of that but she's gonna meet my family properly and I'm excited because everyone's excited to see her.

Novas pOV

I just kept on wanting more reason to just not speak to anyone. I really can't be bothered to do Any of it. But then my door was knocked on and I groaned quitely because how do I just run out of the room. " nova please I have to tell you something" Scarlett said and I sighed I have to put aside these feeling it may be about the kids. I opened the door and she smiled a little " hey bubs" and I shook my head " what do you want Scarlett" and she frowned " what's going on? We were fine" and I sighed yeh I am not just giving myself emotional whiplash. I'm also giving her and probably the rest it too. " why are you here" and she sighed " my family's doing there yearly barbecue a reason for us all to see each other properly and we'll I want you there as my daughter tomorrow not my nanny" and I was about to protest but she spoke " you've not really got a choice most of them know who you are by now and the rest taht don't the ones that do will tell them. I don't want to hide you from them little one I want is to go as a family" and I tilted my head " you wanna parented were a happy family?" And she scrunched her face " I didn't know we were pretending" and I saw hurt and heard it in her tone. " Scarlett-" and she stopped me " please" and I nodded " fine I will" and she smiled wide " really? Omg yes!" And I rolled my eyes at her wow. She's acts like a kid sometimes and wel I think that's where I get it from. How bad could it be meeting her whole family. Wait. " how many people are we talking?" Ans she bite her lip " maybe like 60-70" and I went wide eyed " 60-70?!" And she nodded slowly " too late you already agreed no backing out" she said quickly and I groaned " good play johansson" and she smirked " I know I didn't think I'd stand a chance if I said that" and I nodded " ko you wouldn't have" but I saw her grave turn form a playful own too a serious one " why are you mad at me?" And I sighed " because you want custody and I don't want any of this" and she went wide eyed " novie that's not- baby I want us to be a proper family" and I sighed and looked down " that's not what's going to happen you know that" and she shook her head fast " no I don't. Because I know I love you and the kids too and so does Colin and I don't want any way of someone being able to tell me that you aren't mine. I don't want any complicated things to get in our way down the road. And I want those people put away" and I scoffed " well I don't want that stuff. You can't make any decisions for me yet you do!" And I slammed my door. Okay maybe that's abit of a extreme reaction from me.

______________________________

Remember to drink water

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️