Chapter fifty five

Novas POV

" I've always got you're back. I'm always gonna be on you're side so don't think you're alone please when I'd help you with whatever I can" and I smiled and Leaned on him he's too sweet and he makes sure I  know he's gonna be there for me. I see him as a parental figure but I did see Scarlett as one too but she hates me now so no. She is my parent and so she can't be a fake one when she is the real one: what I can't figure out is how my parents the ones back in England are asking me for money when I have none of me and after what I found out they have some nerve.

I don't wanna confront them I don't wanna have any contact at all. I'm just stuck. Maybe I can just bury my head in the sand? Wow because that works so well for me. " thanks for being here Colin" and he smiled " I'll always be here and you can always talk to me. Anything you say stays between us." And I smiled and I hugged him. I needed comfort and Colin's really helped me.

Scarlett's POV

" hey" Lizzie said softly and I turned to her teary eyed " I should be happy" i whispered but Lizzie nodded and pulled me into a hug. It's an awkward angle since we're in the car but it's works. How am I acting so ridiculous when this is my child. I got a call and I was confused because it's a private number. " hello?" I said after fixing myself because my voice would of been very shaky " hi miss johansson I'm calling to let you know that we've took on you're custody case and we've revised it. We've spoke. With you're lawyers but we have to legally tell you that you'll be in court on the 16th" and I nodded " okay I'll talk with my lawyers thanks for calling" I said and I turned to Lizzie " what?" And I sighed " I don't even know myself" I said but she started to drive " what?" I asked and she looked around " you wanted them  to know we've spent 10 minutes staring at them?" And I shook my head " that's what I thought " then let's go to my lawyers office" I said and she nodded.

We got to the office and I went out to the building. This is going to be fun. " Scarlett we weren't expecting you yet?" Harry said and I sat down " what's going on Harry" and he sighed " we've got our court day on the 16th there doing a. Trial where you're gonna have to take the stand but so is nova" and I went wide eyed "
She can't be involved" and he shook his head " I know that's what you wnat Scarlett but wether you want it or not this whole thing is about her and she has to be involved. They wanna talk with her" and I groaned " Novas  angry with me" and he nodded " they won't ask taht. They are going to ask her about her life and stuff" and I nodded " I don't want that. She didn't wanna talk to us about it  and to talk about it with strangers" and he cut me off " we can say that. But she should hear this from you today before she gets the court summons and gets more pissed at you" and I nodded " tnanks Harry" and he smiled " anytime you know id do anything to help you get you're little girl" and I smiled and left. Lizzie had waited in the car but when I got there she was i go doing a coffee " I was thirsty !" She said quickly  and I rolled my eyes " what did he say?" And is guess and told her it all. How I had to take the stand and nova. How I'm going home to tell her and how I hope she ends up back with me.

I had Lizzie drop me off so she can go home and spend time with her Robbie because it seems I take up most of her time. I got home and I walked into the living room and nova was sat there. " hey" she said and I smiled " hi" and that was it an awkward silence and then I knew I had to speak " where's Colin?" And she gave me a tight smile " he dropped me off and went to get dinner" and I nodded " nova we have to talk" and she sighed " I don't wanna" and I nodded " not about that well yes about that. I know you know about me wanting to get custody" and she nodded slowly " they set a date and I wanted to tell you myself. I just keep putting it off but I know it's best if you hear from me. They want  you to take the stand" and she stopped " why me? I don't even want this" and I ignored my head ache and kept going " because they need to know how you are. I know you don't want this but I think it's what's best for you" and she scoffed " if you'd cared you have actually raised me" and I sighed " baby I do care. I made that decision with you in mind I left my own feelings out because it wasn't fair to you" and she stood up " you say that yet what was the options? Me be raised by you or those abusers who have had an impact on me for the rest of my life?" Oh fuck. I knew it. " if I'd known" and she scoffed " you'd have what? Kept me out of pity because you never wanted me. I was a burden to you and you got rid of me" but that made me snap. The fact she thinks that hurt me. " Novalie I swear to you you always have a piece of my heart. I love you and I never wanted to give you up. I thought you were gonna grow up happy and safe I wanted you to have people to take care of yous and be there 24/7 not me who'd never see you. I didn't want you raised by anyone but me but I had to put you first" and hse stopped but I had to carry on " I did it for you"

_____________________________

Remember to drink water

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️