Chapter sixty eight

Trigger warning ⚠️
racism!

Scarlett's POV

I got changed and I knew this was going to be a day for us all to remember. They are easily pleased but when it comes to having new people in the family it can go either way. I was lucky not to witness any if that but I'm not stupid and I can see when it's happening. I'd be daft if I thought nothing was wrong.

Novas POV

Scarlett had taken the kids to finish of roses hair while I fixed my own we both looked like we'd still just rolled it of bed and can With her.

I knew I had to be fast and I got ready in record time and looked good. I'd gone  down the stairs and saw Colin " you look good" he smiled at me and I smiled " thanks" I managed to say.

It's really hitting me taht I'm going to this family reunion and it's all new people and I don't like loads of people and they're my supposed family wow.

I got into the car without saying much, rose was already in waiting and Colin got Cosmo into his seat. We all look cute but I am not sure that I won't blend in like I wanted too. Scarlett looks so excited as she's walking to the car which makes me more nervous because I don't wanna embarrass her. I really can't take it if I do.

" you all ready?" Colin asked and we nodded and he took us to this field? What the heck. He pulled up in a car park and we got out I was hiding Cosmo and then I saw a lot of people. Now I'm not one to focus on the colour of a persons skin. But im not exactly white. I mean Scarlett is and I kind of am but im brown. I clearly have colour in me you can tell but im on the light side of colours. I am proud of my skin but when I say I can see two people of colour in this whole field. I think I might get hate crimed. Oh I need to shut up it's her family, it's her family that are coming towards us all oh fuck.

" Scarlett!" Her mom smiled and I smiled okay a familiar face. " novieee" she yelled louder and I smiled as she pulled me into a hug. " omg how rude let me introduce you properly to the rest of my kids. Wel you're aunt and uncles" she winked and I smiled oh fuck. A women came forward and hugged me she had a smile just like Scarlett's but she looked older " hi im Vanessa you're aunt, Scarlett's sister. Sorry I hope I didn't freak you out" and I shook my head " no no I erm it's fine" I said and she smiled softly at me " I am sorry I got over excited" and then a man spoke " yes you did ness" and he smiled at me " im hunter you're moms twin and this is Adrian and Christian " and I smiled at them wow she has a lot of siblings. How am I expected to keep up I mean I will kinda. " you look more like Scarlett then I do" hunter joked and I actually laughed which he gave a proud smile too.

I met a lot of her cousins aunts and uncles Colin was next to me and Scarlett had taken Cosmo around with her mom somewhere. " don't take her that way" hunter said and I looked at them confused because they tried to move me but I heard a lady speak " who the hell is this?" And I looked at Colin who didn't look happy at all. He actually looked pissed which is new Colin is like the hardest person to annoy. " oh fuck the witch is awake" Adrian said and I looked over to a old lady who was giving me the dirtiest look I've seen. Like I'm the gum she scraped of her shoe. " I asked a question!" and that's when Christian spoke " this is Scarlett's eldest" and she looked me up and down and scoffed " that bastard child she got rid of why is it back here" and my jaw dropped to the floor. Well guess I am getting hate crimed after all. Scarlett walked over in that moment and she was smiling " what's going on?" Ans the lady spoke " what's going on why would you bring that dirty in breed to the family gathering?" And I swear I was about to put the old cow back into her place e but then I realised no one's defended me. I looked at Scarlett and she was looking at the floor.

My eyes started to sting because not even one person was defending me. " dirty paki" she said and I snapped. Now I cry when I'm angry so let's just say the ugly face was out and proud but I coudnt let her say this shit. " listen here you old hag I don't know what cave you crawled out of but I don't need to listen to this shit" I managed to say and I turned away. How is it 2022 and I'm experiencing this and what's worse a full group of people and not one defend me. Not even my own mother spoke. Colin didn't even speak. Do they agree with her? Is that how they all see me? That I'm this -I can't even say what she did because it's disgusting. So much for a family day. " nova" I heard but it's not Scarlett or Colin it's Melanie. " hey don't cry" she said putting her arm around me but my lip stared to quiver " I'm sorry that she said those things to you sweetheart" and I shook my head " no one said anything" I whispered and she wiped my face " it's complicated but if I'd been there I'd have put the old bitch in her place. I never liked her she was a friend of my moms. She's ' family' but I'd choose you over her any day sweet pea" and I sniffed " you're the only one" and she was about to speak but then I heard a all to familiar voice call me " novie?"

_____________________________

I had this as a dream a few months ago and it wasn't for this story line but I wanted to add some spice

I also hope no one is offended by what I ever written I'm a person of colour and i was okay with what I wrote so I don't now people take this differently.

Remember to drink water

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️