Chapter seventy two

Novas POV

The week has gone by so fast I Dont Even have the words. I mean I've been very busy even when I shouldn't have been. Scarlett and I delayed being okay we haven't really spoke without mentioning the kids. Which made me think I'd done something very wrong but I haven't which confused me more because what the hell

I just went into my own world and stared at something that would make me happy and that's everything but being born. Wow that took a turn maybe for the worse? Anyway besides me being on the verge of a br da k down everyday the trail is like tomorrow and that's why there's like awkward energy around us all because it's like do we talk about it ? Do we not? How do you bring it up, it's just like a whole thing and I think that's why we're both avoiding each other. Now I can avoid her but she can't do that to me because I over think and she's supposed to be the adult in all of this. And yeh my argument is that I'm an adult but still I can pick and choose who are you my dad. Well you could be I don't know who he is. Besides that he's south asain and didn't want me too.

It's the evening before the trail and yeh I'm freaking out. And I'd locked myself in my room kinda all day they both had A day off so no need for me to hang around. I stayed up and well then my door was locked on and it's only 6:30pm so I didn't know who it could be. I went to open it and  Scarlett stood there with a piece  of chicken on a plate with veg and potatoes and a can of coke. " you still have to eat" she said and I nodded great thanks for that Scarlett really appreciate it. " can we talk" and I nodded but no I don't wanna. This is so awkward.

" look I just want to tell you before tomorrow no matter what happens okay you're job is yours unless you say other wise. Me and Colin want what you want okay? And I know you've got the doubts on this custody thing but I think it's our way of being a family again and I respect you're opinions and id never say you're wrong for feeling how you are baby. I just I think we can have a healthy relationship and i wnat that so I'll do whatever to make it happen. But if we don't get custody you're still my daughter and that Doesn't change" and I nodded because yeh she's right to come talk to me I start to panic over anything. Especially this I thought she hates me but she doesn't I mean she wouldn't have wasted so much money on this thing. She's lost out big from the lawyer costs and the court costs too even saying no to work because she wants to be here for this. I love her and I wish her the best of luck. But for this I'm her enemy and I don't like to lose. Maybe I don't momentarily actually especially with her. Like I'm on her side but I'm on the other team and yeh. Well it's supposed to be for me but they don't care it's whoever they feel like backing. They don't care what happens to me in the end I know that because when ever I tried to tell what wa a going on at home it was like I was the boy who cried wolf except I want's because it did happen they just never cared to look into any of it.

" I'm proud of you" she said and I smiled " that means a lot" which made her smile " tell me how did the outset shoot go?" I asked an she smiled wide while her eyes lit up. " well the place was stunning my friend did amazing but we've got the party just a few days after the court day. It's just influencers coming in and us getting to tell them about the products and we'll the new one we're launching" and I smirked " what is it?" which made he zip her mouth shut " nope" and I shook my head I knew she wouldn't tell me. " well Scarlett I'll find out" ans she smiled " then you have to come to the party" and I didn't take her seriously but she looked very serious in what she was saying " wait really?" And she nodded " I mean yeh" she said and I nodded " okay then" and that was it I guess I'll be going. What if she doesn't win will she still want me to go?

" I'm glad you let me talk to you" she said while I ate ans I looked up to see her eyes tearing up which panicked me " what's up?" And she shook her head " just me being silly ignore me" and I shook my head again because how do I ignore her when she's upset. " just tell me" is all I said and she smiled " I just can't believe you're mine" ans i looked at her confused is this her saying haha jokes this is all fake you've been pranked or am I just losing it" which I heard laughter and I realised just what I'd done " you're losing it baby" and I knew I was red from how hot my face was. " that wasn't supposed to be said out loud" and she smiled but the tears were still there " I'm not that special" and she looked so offended either why I'd just said " novalie Ophelia don't you ever say that about yourself. You are the best thing that could happen to me and yes that's including Colin" ans I smelt out a little laugh which made her smile " we're going to be okay" she whispered more to her self then for me " we are" I said and she smiled and hugged me " yes we are"

____________________________

Remember to drink water

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️