Chapter seventy five

Scarlett's POV POV

" it's been a lot of adjusting for her and she's only just come to terms around here" and I nodded can I ask how am I doing this????

I listened to him go on and on about how me and nova can't communicate but I hope this I isn't all just bashing me i hope they can put novas best interest first. I think she's so cute sat there front to hit thing but she's not really listening . Nova and me can work on all of this is just what them to help me. She's supposed to be talking to me.

NOvas POV

I had to listen to people remember all the good times while I'm here not even sure what's going on. Family's get reunited but they feel like a family I don't. She's really sweet but no one can listen to me.s I just don't know what they want me to say.

" that's all" my Lawyer finally spoke. I just don't get why anyway could care less. I'm pretty sure I such so yeh. Anyway I listen to them talk but Scarlett kept taking glances at me and I feel like she's are on me all of the time. Wow they are of me.

I just think that's I am so good with just ignoring this but now Scarlett is going up on the stand and I can see she is nervous. Now I don't know what's getting asked as bad as it is will said he's not gonna be awful he's promised me that because how awful is it that people are judging us but if you ask personal questions even after she's a celeb I mean people could use this against her. The fact I'm only just realising how much she has to lose form all of this I just don't get why she did it. Why do this whole custody thing when her name is just gonna get dragged threw the mud. " please state you're full name" and she did  " Scarlett ingrid johansson"

" miss johansson id like to ask you some questions" will said he's going first out of the three. I mean atleast that's good right? Scarlett nodded at him and he smiled " was it easy to give up on her?" And Scarlett shook her head and looked down " no but I didn't matter. Not when it came to her being happy. I couldn't give her the life I wanted her to have so I made the decision for her" and he nodded " if you'd known she'd been raised by abusers would you have stepped in?" And the state lawyer spoke " objection! Taht hasn't been proven you're honour" ans will turned to him and then back at teh judge " you're honour you'll find they've been charged last week for the abuse my client has faced for most of her life" and I gaped they what? How was I not aware. " why was this not told?" The judge asked and will came back grabbed some papers and handed it to them all " the case had been kept private and because it's a old case re opened nova  is still referred to as child x. She gave her statement when the case first went but no one found them guilty due to a lack of evidence due to misfiling. On these documents you'll see the sentencing  and also their statements that they plead guilty to all charges. Now miss johansson could you Answer?" Ans Scarlett was holding  the staring  right at  it and she looked up at me. This paper says about what they did that for me in hospital. The  statement I gave  back then and it's very detailed and Scarlett should not be reading this. " this- they- I'd never have let this happen" she whispered while reading it and tearing up and I let out a shaky breath. Will turned to me and I shook my head and he understood what I was saying " that's all from me you're honour" and he nodded the judge seemed to click on and nodded " we can take a short recess to collect ourselves after this information" and I nodded why I am is beyond me. I mean it happened to me for fuck sake.

We stood up and Scarlett looked at me and I knew just then that she needs me. Like I need her. I went over and yeh maybe we're gonna get in trouble. The  jury are walking out but I went and I hugged her. " I'm sorry" she whispered and I shook my head " hey you didn't know about it so don't blame yourself" and she nodded and hugged me again " we're gonna get into so much trouble for this" she chuckled and I nodded " well we both needed it. And they can go away" I said and will stood there " wow I'll just go" he said and I looked at him he gave me a smile " you know you two really do look like each other is strange you did t know sooner" and I nodded I knew I'm blind thanks. " come on before the stickler try's to make this seem like collusion or something" he said pulling me away. He's right this could mess it all up for both of us. I don't even know what could happen but yeh.

We went to sit down and he sighed " I'm sorry about not telling you about them" and I nodded he should be " why didn't you" and he sighed "
I didn't think it was right to tell you before this trial. I didn't know until yesterday and we'll I
Didn't think I'd have to bring it up" and I nodded " but you did" and he nodded too " I am sorry for whatever tahts worth novs" and I smiled " how long?" And he smiled more " life. They both got the worst they could get and I'm so glad they did. But yeh r da son you weren't contacted was because you didn't need to be. But they also admitted it all and I have the recrossing off you ever wanna listen to it. Just let me knwo" and as he stopped talking the judge walked back an in. I looked over and Colin smiled at me and I smiled back " all rise" and we did just that.

_____________________________

Remember to drink water

My messages are always open

Till the next chapter my loves❣️