Chapter 26

Chloe's POV

I glanced at the sleeping beauty sitting on my passenger seat.

I basically confessed through a song.

I've been asking myself why I stayed after all that happened and I just went in my way just to have her stay at my home.

I glanced at her again, her brown hair tied up in a ponytail, her head leaning on the window, soft breaths coming out of her lips.

God, those lips. How I want to wake her up and just feel those on mine.

These feelings can't be stopped when there's literally a goddess sitting beside me, peacefully sleeping.

I feel like I need to talk to Tori about this.

I sighed loudly, how do I make a girl like her to like me when she's having trouble with accepting that idea in the first place.

And I'm out of her league. she's serious, I like how she doesn't let anyone in easily. I love her sarcastic sense of humor or when she makes me flustered just by talking back to me. She looks like she's into physical fighting because she gets angry easily when in reality, she hates it.

I notice her hand resting on the seat. I want to hold it, just feel her warmth and be satisfied.

Removing one hand on the stirring wheel, I slowly reached out. But hesitation went to me.

What if she wakes up? Would she push me away?

Am I violating her personal space?

Is it weird? I think it's weird.

I shook my thoughts away and slowly reached for hers.

Slowly. I was nervous because My attention was still on the road.

I gulped, feeling my fingers touch her hand and I couldn't help but smile widely.

She shifted slightly so I pulled my hand quickly but my index finger hooked on her thumb.

Fuck.

I did a side glance and found her still sleeping.

Sighing in relief, I tried removing it more carefully but her hand grasped on my finger, making me blush.

I let my hand rest on hers, fully intertwining ours together.

My heart was beating rapidly, my cheeks were hot, my hand was warm, the silence and her soft breathing the only thing I could hear.

I think I just found my answer to my question.

Why did I stay after all that happened? Why did I offered her to stay at my home? Why did I hold her hand?

It's only been a more than a week and I have growing feelings for the girl that's making my head right now, making my stomach turn into knots, making my cheeks ablaze.

I think it's weird. I think it's too sudden. I think... I think I'll keep staying, I think I'll let these feelings grow, I think I'll help her through her struggles. I think I'll wait for her.

Because I know she will be worth it.

I really need to talk to Tori though.