Chapter 20

This chapter is dedicated to

HEHEreaderLang
And

nimpydimpy
Thanks for commenting and voting 😳
Now what do you want a medal or smth smh
-----

"So..." We enter inside her room, the smell of alcohol and cold air hit our skin.

Tori and I sat at the edge of the hospital bed.

"What?" Elizabeth asked.

"Chloe and I decided..."

Elizabeth sat up. "Just say it, damn." She said, irritated.

"You can stay at Chloe's if you want to get out of your house..." Tori offered quietly.

"Why would I want to stay with you?" She turned to me.

I just sat there, frozen, I looked at Tori and silently asked for help.

"No offense, but I already said my thanks. I don't need your help again. Tori's here for me."

"Mom can't handle another mouth to feed Eli... I really want to help you but staying at Chloe's is the best choice out here." She tried to reach for her hand but Elizabeth he pulled away.

"I'm not leaving." She said.

"But-" Tori was cut off by her.

"Dad apologized." She looked away, "He said he had a bad day at work and unintentionally put his anger to me."

"What if he had another 'bad day at work'?" I asked her.

"He won't do it again."

"Are you sure?" I pressed.

"He said he won't." She glared at me.

I heard Tori sigh, "we still have class tomorrow. What did the nurse say?"

"They'll just arrange some papers... They just did some stuff and told me to rest." She mumbled.

"So you're staying?" I asked.

"Why are you still here? I said my thanks." she looked at me with raised eyebrows and I cleared my throat to hide my embarrassment.

She really wanted nothing from me.

"Ah right." I stood up and Tori looked at me apologetically, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"I'll just text you my address in case you change your mind."

"You don't even have my number." She said bitterly.

"I'll send it to you." Tori said, catching our attentions.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

Nodding, I walked away.

"Elizabeth!" Tori scolded her, "Chloe wait!"

I turned, "no no it's okay. I'll head out now, Stay safe."

I went out without waiting for a reply and called Gerard.

"Hey."

"Yes miss?" I rolled my eyes at the name.

"I don't feel like driving today, pick me up."

"But miss isn't your class not d-"

"I'm at a hospital, come here now." I quickly told him the address and hung up.

I never felt being pushed away because I always knew people wanted things from me.

People wanted me.

And being treated like I'm the bad guy felt like shit. I just want to sleep.

I recognized the black Audi a3 cabriolet and saw a familiar blond.

"What took you so long?"

"I'm sorry mi-"

"Never mind that." I didn't let him open his door for me and got in the convertible myself. "Put up the hood."

He nodded and pressed a button, "Why are you at the hospital?"

"Did you do the assignment I gave you?" I couldn't bother to answer his question.

"Corporate Chloe, got it." He said and gave me a folder.

He gave me that nickname the first time I found out I would be next heir of the company. I got so stressed I only focused on studying the company business and didn't want any unnecessary questions.

I skimmed through his profile and looked at the most important information.

Name: Darren Collins
Birthdate: October 26, 1980
Age: 40
Occupation: Employee at Workers since 2014.

"Turns out he works at your Company miss."

"Give him a raise."

"Pardon?" He turned to me briefly before looking at the road again.

"He looks troubled." I played with my fingers.

Maybe then he'll stop being mean to Elizabeth and get her a new laptop.

"Are you sure-"

I placed down the folder next to me and looked outside the window, "yes."