Chapter 43

Chloe's P.O.V.

"You know," Gerard said as I sit down at the backseat of the car and slam the door shut. "If I was the one you're about to have a date with right now I'd be pretty scared." He chuckled.

"Just drive." I demanded.

He looked at the mirror to glance at me and turned on the car, "don't like your date? You could bail and I'll take you somewhere better." He grinned.

"No." I said, my eyebrows still knitted together, "Liz is being a douche. Just drive Gerard, I'm late."

He nodded and the car started moving.

"I heard you guys talking loudly at the door, Mind telling me why?" He asked.

I looked down and fumbled with my fingers, "it's because yesterday she was being all 'don't be childish it's just a hug'" I mocked. "And then when Kristy sat with us she pulled me close like she wasn't against it in the first place!"

"And you yelled at each other because of that?" He commented.

"Shut up." I grumbled.

And he did.

Silence surrounded the car.

After a few minutes, I decided to speak up. "Hey Gerard."

"Yes miss?" He answered in a beat.

"If...if 8 people told you something that what they're saying was true but you're actually against it, would you change your mind?"

"That's oddly specific." He looked at me through the mirror, "It depends on the thing they're talking about." He took a left turn and I knew we were close to the destination.

"Let's say... I used to hate nacho cheese Doritos-" He laughed at me.

"I'm not finished!" I complained. He instantly shut his mouth and continued driving.

"I used to hate nacho cheese Doritos. And then you gave me a chip and I said no because I told you I hate them but what you didn't know is that-"

"Yeah you lost me at the nacho cheese Doritos."

"I-" I pinched the bridge of my nose and took a deep breath, "Kristy and her friends told me some awful things about Liz and I said to them that Liz would never do that."

"What's the problem then?" He asked and parked the car.

"At first I was mad but they insisted and I believed them." I sat back and sighed.

I heard the door unlocked. "And why do you think they told you those stuff?" He asked. "Talk to Elizabeth about it. I'm sure she'll understand."

"But I already said some hurtful things..." I said with guilt. I unbuckled my seatbelt and straightened my skirt.

"Told her you're on your period or something. don't you all get emotional and stuff when you're on it"

"Well I am on my period so I don't have to lie."

"You are?" He turned his body and looked at me disgustingly.

"Uh...yeah?" I said, confused to why he looked at me like that.

He sat back and sunk on his seat. "That's gross. I was gonna drink strawberry shake with Maddison later"

"Maddison?"

He laughed, "I'll tell you later. For now, forget about Elizabeth and me. Go enjoy your date for today."

"You don't drop names and then shoo me away" I opened the car door and stepped out. "I'll text you later if you should pick me up or not."

"Have fun."

"Say hi to Maddison for me." he nodded and started driving away.

I looked around and saw an arm stretched up waving towards me "Chloe!"

I jogged to Kristy's way and found snacks lying around on a white blanket. I sat down and admired the view. "Picnic date huh." I said.

"You don't like it?" She asked anxiously, "I could take you anywhere just tell me."

"No no this is perfect!" I assured her, "I just thought we were going somewhere busy and stuff but don't worry about it." I smiled warmly at her.

She blushed and looked away, "that's great." She mumbled.

"Any plans?" I said and she nodded, pulling out art utensils.

*

"I didn't know you could draw so well." She giggled.

"Now you know." I said smugly, "This painting of a dog is better than any renaissance painting you'll see."

"That's a dog?" She asked and burst in fits of laughter.

"It is shut up!" I said and pushed her lightly.

I pointed at the brown blob on the canvas "this is what we call the head."

She hummed, looking like she was holding back laughter.

"You're laughing I'm not gonna explain anymore." I placed the canvas on the blanket and pouted.

Her expression dropped and she apologized in a heart beat.

"What no I was just kidding." I laughed lightly, feeling a bit of awkwardness surfacing.

"Oh." she said and chuckled nervously.

I laid down on the blanket and looked at the sky above us. The clouds were scattered like cotton candy, slowly gliding through the air, It has tinges of orange and pinks making the sky look really beautiful.

I felt her lay down beside me, "what are you thinking about?" She asked.

Liz and how she would've liked this place.

"Nothing at the moment." I said instead, shaking away the thoughts about her.