Chapter 18

T.W.

Abuse

Elizabeth's POV.

I was still laying on my bed. My thoughts were being loud and annoying. I felt nauseous when I saw Chloe's boyfriend pick her up and I don't know why.

Do I really need to call Tori?

Is this normal?

Does she still hate me?

I grabbed my pillow, pressed it on my face and groaned out loud.

"This is so confusing." I said, my words muffled.

I sat up and carefully stood in my room.

"I should probably search something up first." I said to myself.

I couldn't just talk about her like nothing happened...right?

I'm not used to change but I can't manage to lose my best friend either.

Grabbing my laptop from my desk, I went back to my bed and typed homophobia.

"Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people" I read out loud, "encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality..."

Oh.

I read through blogs and sites for at least more than an hour until I heard my dad yell from downstairs.

I flinched and closed my laptop shut and hurriedly ran down, my anxiety clouding up my pain.

"Yes dad?" I asked, the beats of my heart ringing in my ear.

"What did I tell you about bringing people in this house." He said, his jaw clenched.

"I-I..." I couldn't answer him straight.

He went closer to me and I froze, his big hand grabbed the ends of my shirt and lifted it up just below my chest.

He stared at the bruises. Although I felt his eyes burning holes, I still felt glad he checked on me.

"You got into a fight?!" He asked me. Loudly.

I flinched as he harshly removed his grasp from my shirt. "That's it. I'm taking your gadgets." he walked past me and climbed upstairs.

I felt my soul leave my body.

"Dad, come on you can't do this." I grabbed his wrists to try and stop him but he yanked his hand away.

We were inside my room, the tension heavier than a boulder and the only sound was my ragged breathing.

He looked at me, his eyes searching for something I'm uncertain. "You're hiding something."

My laptop caught his attention and suddenly I remember what I did. "No-no I'm not I just need that for school."

He squinted his eyes at me and scoffed, picking up my laptop.

He opened it, "how to not be homophobic." he said mockingly.

He pressed the keys but I couldn't tell what because he was facing me, his stance still screaming 'authority'

He held the laptop that was propped on his arm his hand other hand took it, just holding the end of the monitor.

"You've been searching and reading about this monstrosity for an hour instead of studying?" His grip on the monitor was tight. I could see the the edge darkening.

I was just staring horrifically, chanting "please don't" in my mind.

He laughed maniacally, "ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?!"

My heart fell the same time he smashed it on the floor.

I tried to stopped myself from crying when I saw the screen went black and streaks of red, blue and green line the sides.

"What, You're going join your mother now?" His loud voice bouncing off the walls of my room.

I couldn't answer, I was focusing on not falling down on my knees.

"Answer." he said.

"ANSWER GODDAMN IT." I flinched.

"Where's your phone." he said.

"Please don't." I begged.

"So you're telling me what to do now?" He stormed to me and grabbed my wrist tightly.

He ignored my wince and dragged me downstairs until he threw me outside the house.

I couldn't feel anything. This was the first time he hurt me physically.

"I am fucking done with you. All I did was to raise you and this is what you give back?" He said to me, his body towering mine. "You fucking traitor. I should've gave you to your mother when she offered. I didn't know you'll turn just like that dyke."

It was dark outside, the only light was coming from the house and a street light 3 blocks away.

"Don't come in until I say so. I can't even fucking look at you right now." he said in gritted teeth. He stepped back and the door slammed shut.

I pushed myself up the pavement, went to the side of the door and hugged my knees.

I guess I'm staying outside.

*

Chloe's P.O.V

"MAKING MY WAY DOWNTOWN-" we sang on the top of our lungs.

Tori and I have gotten immensely calm close since last night, we exchanged snapchats and phone numbers and talked till one of us fell asleep.

"IF COULD FAAALL-" she yelled to my ear.

I pushed her away with my hand, "ma'am I'm DRIVING." I laughed out loud.

She just snorted and continued to sing.

We were on our way to Elizabeth's house. We messaged Elizabeth but her phone was off so Tori decided to pick her up and skip class to ease her mind from what happened yesterday.

It was still early, the sky in a dark blue hue and the streets were empty.

I lowered down the volume, "do you think she'll come with us?"

"No."

"Then why did you plan this in the first place?" I said, amused.

"She's a bit of a party pooper sometimes but I know she misses me."

"Someone's confident." I chuckled.

"I'm her best friend of course I'm con...findent..." She said, her voice lowering down.

"Speak up." I replied without looking away from the road.

I looked to her direction and found a Elizabeth sitting outside her house, her arms hugging her knees.

"Stop the car." And so I did. Tori dashed towards her.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and followed.

She was crouching down beside the girl, "babe hey wake up." Her voice was shaking and her eyes threatening to spill tears.

"I'm cold." I heard Elizabeth mumble.

Tori looked up at me desperately, "help me, please."