Chapter 3

The bell rang and everybody packed their things and went out of the room.

I picked my bag and got up from my seat, I started to think about things to do until a voice pulled me out from my train of thought.

"Elizabeth." Ms. Gray called out.

"Yes?" I asked, Tori was already gone but I noticed Kristy at the door.

"I'll be here." she mouthed. I gave her a nod and looked at Ms. Gray.

"I don't want to see you again discussing nonsense in my class. I knew you were talking with Miss Hunter" she said sternly.

"Y-yes Miss, I apologize."

"Good. Now shoo, I need to eat my lunch too." I nodded and walked out of the room.

I spotted Kristy busy typing on her phone. "Everything alright?" She asked, but I just answered with a shrug.

"Victoria left, she asked me if both of us could eat lunch instead," she said, putting away her gadget.

It was really sweet of her... Tori knows I hated being alone.

"Is it fine with you? I don't want to disturb your friends..." I whispered the last part. I'd rather sit alone than feel out of place, Kristy's kinda popular so she's in a big circle.

We started walking to the cafeteria.

"About that..." She scratched her neck, "...My friends aren't really the welcoming type so I told them I would sit with you today."

"Oh that's...really nice of you." I was embarrassed, her friends might hate me or something, "but you know you can go with your friends, it's just lunch so it'd be fine."

We sat down on a vacant table. "It's alright. It's a favor for Victoria and besides I want to get lunch with you too."

"Okay." I ignored the last part and pulled out my lunchbox from my bag.

"So" she started, "You wanna tell me what happened between the two of you?"

I was surprised she asked already.

I'm hesitating if I should tell her, she might hate me but I can't blame her, I made Tori cry. I just don't understand it. I don't like the idea of it. It just looks...so wrong. There are boys made for us, and us made for boys, isn't that enough?

"Hello? Earth to Lizzie?"

"Oh- Uhm- yeah?" I snapped off of my zone.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Just know that I'm ready to listen and I can assure you I won't judge." She smiled at me warmly before putting her hand on mine.

The second I felt her hand, I pulled away.

"Ah- sorry..." She said, her cheeks starting to get a tinge of pink.

"No no don't be... I'm just not fond of touching." I admitted sheepishly.

She nodded and continued eating.

"Tori...We...kindafoughtyesterdayandIknowit'sentirelymyfa-"

"Woah girl, chill. We still have an hour." she chuckled.

I groaned and sank on my seat, "I hate talking."

"Take a deep breath and arrange your thoughts. Once you're done, take a deep breath again and then say it." she advised.

I nodded.

Once I was ready, I took a deep breath and stared at her sadly.

"I might or might not hurt Tori's feelings yesterday"

She smiled in interest, "Did you steal her boyfriend or something?"

"What? No! I was being rude to her. I'm not interested in anyone okay." I looked at her weirdly.

Does this girl always think of controversial things?

She motioned her hand in a way of telling me to elaborate.

"Tori liked someone and she was telling me all about her yesterday"

"Her?"

"Yeah, please don't tell anyone about it. She's not ready yet to come out, I don't know what to do anymore if I hurt her again."

She nodded in understanding, "she's safe with me."

"Thank you. Now back to what I was saying..." I told her the full story. I never liked opening up to people but right now I was desperate and she's the only person I can talk to right now.

She hummed in thought.

"Why don't you like the way it looks? I mean... You don't have any business to them." She said and took a bite of her burger.

I looked down, averting my gaze and putting my attention on the scribbles etched on the lunch table.

Kian was here losers! 08/02/19

"It's not I don't like them, they're out here being all lovey dovey like-"

"Isn't that what straight people do too?" She said immediately, cutting me off. "If you've been at Kian's party you've probably seen a bunch of drunk people making out. Why are you not angry at them?"

I was at loss of words. Thinking about it is frustrating to the point hearing the name Kian just reminded me of something else. That's probably the person that wrote on this table.

But what she said was a slap on the face. She was right and it was embarrassing.

"Have you ever been in a relationship, Lizzie?" She asked, I could tell that she was being cautious with her words.

"No, I'm not interested." I replied and quickly added, "I had an ex but he wasn't really that good too."

"Say," I started, "what do you think about girls being with girls?"

She choked on her water, "It's...okay? Like I said, it's their own business." She looked everywhere but me.

"You're bad at lying." I said, putting her on the spot.

"Who said I was lying?"

"Me."

"Well I didn't really lie, it really is their business." She shrugged.

"But you didn't gave me your full answer."

"It's a full answer." She leaned back and looked away.

My heart started to race, have I been this dumb the whole time?

"Do you like girls?" I asked and silence met my question.

She finally looked at me, her brown eyes filled with anxiety.

"Yes."