Chapter 56: Mall with Marco

Elizabeth's POV

"Thank you for coming with me today Marco."

"It''s a beautiful day." He shook his head and smiled warmly at me, "and I enjoy spending it with una hermosa persona como tú."

I have no idea what he just said.

"I have no idea what you just said."

"Good." He gave me a wide smile. "What are you gonna buy?"

I gave him a shrug, "I just want to be out of the house."

It's a three bedroom house. I refused to sleep beside Tori so they cleaned out the one unused next to her room and that's where I locked myself ever since.

I already made a plan how I'd be able to go to school without us having to get to talk. Tori was the last person I thought would betray me- she wasn't even in the list to be honest.

"Have they tried to apologize?"

Tori's been sliding notes under my door because I have her messages ignored on my phone, Elise tries to talk to me whenever we pass each other in the house and the other acts as if she didn't just ruin my family, nagging as if she can make everything better.

"No."

"What?" Marco looked at me, baffled. "Lia if it gets too overwhelming for you there you can always come back to us."

He looked hopeful, even before he dropped me off at Tori's when the police came to his house he kept offering me to stay.

"Let's go take a look there," I pointed to a phone store and walked towards it without waiting for him.

Two saleswomen greeted us and asked about what we need but I told them we're not going to buy anything.

I pulled out my cracked phone, the police went to dad's house but they didn't tell me anything, instead, they gave me my phone.

"What happened to it exactly?" Marco lend his hand out and I gave it to him, "It looks like you used this to hit a wall or something."

"I think it fell off my pocket when I jumped from the window." I said, my lips tugging upwards uncontrollably.

"You did what now?" His jaw dropped and I laughed.

I looked through the glass case in front of us and pointed at a samsung, "That's what my phone's supposed to look like if I didn't run away."

"You jumped from a window?" He chuckled, "Well thank god you're safe."

I nodded, the memory of us popping in my mind. Somehow the feeling it gave me was thrill, instead of anxiety and stress. "Chloe caught me."

"Oh she was there too..."

"She was like, 'I'll catch you!' and I kept saying I can't jump but in the end I did." I laughed, "She asked me to eat somewhere after! I swear to god I could never have the same guts as her becau-"

I noticed him staring at the phones, spaced out. I talked too much.

"I'm sorry," I smiled sheepishly, "got too excited there."

"I didn't know you guys were that close."

The memory of her showing up at the house made my mood sour. She must've heard us fighting.

I hope she doesn't ignore me tomorrow in school but knowing I made her upset, she'll probably stay with Kristy.

I almost forgot they're dating.

'I have a date. Alone. With kristy. Where we watch at the cinema. Hold. Hands. Eat together. And make out. You hate that, right?'

Out of all the people that I hate in the world, Elise comes first.