Chapter 47: Confrontation

Chloe's POV

"She packed her things after that." Mom said. "We tried to talk to her but she refused and we let her be."

I closed my eyes in frustration, "Did you at least make sure she was safe?"

My phone's charging upstairs, I've been calling her since the moment I found out and she hasn't been picking up. Knowing her, she most likely turned it off or had it on DND.

"I left money on the table..." Dad said. "But it was untouched when I got home."

"We're so sorry Chloe."

"It'll be okay, she'll come around."

I clutched the spoon tightly, I can't eat in this situation.

I miss her so much.

I regret saying all those things to her, I wish I just listened to her yesterday.

"Maybe we can go somewhere fun," Dad's words pulled me out of my trance, "you know, to distract you from—"

"I'll be going to school now."

Pushing my chair away from table, I stood up and didn't give them a chance to reply as I  walked away and go get my phone upstairs.

"Hey, Chloe I heard what happened..." He said in a heartbeat after I got in the car.

"It's okay Gerard." I bit the inside of my cheek, repressing the urge to cry. "Take me to Tori's."

Thankfully he didn't ask any more questions and he started driving.

I opened my phone and went straight to messages.

"Hi" I typed, I waited for a couple of seconds but no reply.

"Tori?" Double texting her but still to no avail. Finally after a couple of minutes, I got a notification.

Tori

Hi

Tori?
G

oodmorning to you too

Are you at school now?

No I just woke up

Feeling sick so I might
skip school today

Oh

Is it okay if we talk?

I'll get you meds and food too

I'm sorry I just don't feel like
being with people at the moment

Are you okay?

I just don't want to talk about stuff
im sick so yeah, really tired

It's about liz...

Did she tell you something?

Please tell her to pick up my calls

---------
Did something happen between them?
---------

No I was going to
ask if she's there

She left the house even
before I got home