Chapter 29

Elizabeth's P.O.V

"COME ON!" she shouted.

I couldn't feel anything, just the heat on my whole head and the coldness of my fingertips.

My heartbeat was hammering against my chest, the sound of thuds coming from the door making it worst.

"ELIZABETH LET ME IN PLEASE-!" Muffled sounds of my dad pricked tears beside my eyes.

I looked back at the door and to Chloe, her expression just as scared as I am.

She could just run and leave me, yet she's down there, waiting for me.

I was hyperventilating, I'm not a fan of heights. I know I told Tori I experience the real thing but ever since I was a kid all I had was books, I never thought I would go through this thing.

One loud crash shook me out of my thoughts. I looked over and found one of the hinges broken, making it more easy for him to break through.

"NO ELIZABETH DON'T LEAVE ME." His eyes was full of...desperation but I'm not sure if that look would haunt me in my dreams or make me pity him.

"Just jump Liz!!" Chloe was practically begging, "I'll catch you!"

My breathing was ragged, my hands were shaking. I looked back and saw my dad's face harden as he heard Chloe's voice.

"Trust me!" She shouted again.

The door fully broke.

I closed my eyes and jumped, not caring if I get wounded; I'd rather have it than find out what he would do to me If I was caught.

My body meets Chloe's arms but both of us stumbled back and fell on the ground.

We stood up and I heard her groan, seeing the blood trickle down from her leg.

I looked up and saw dad staring at us, his face full of anger and disappointment.

He just shook his head and disappeared from our sight.

Thinking that he would follow us, we ran.

She was limping but we had a reasonable pace. After gaining distance, we slowed down.

"What's next" I said in between breaths.

"Café" she said, still panting.

"What?" I looked at her in disbelief. "Your leg's bleeding,"

"I want something to drink and I'm kinda hungry." She smiled at me.

"But-"

"No buts! Let's go!" She told me and grabbed my wrist.

"Wait-" I stopped her, "We passed by our motorcycle right?"

"Yeah...?" She looked at me, "don't tell me..."

"Wait here." I ran back to dad's house and ignored her protests.

I grab hold of my motorcycle keys from my pocket, I was originally planning on taking it in the first place.

The house was quiet. eerily quiet.

Readying myself, walked silently to my motorcycle, cussing myself when I remembered that it's manual.

I have to be extremely quick on turning it on. He can get me in any second.

Hopping on my Honda, I looked at the house and took a deep breath.

Three.

Two.

...

One.

Slide key to ignition. Check.

Start engine. Check.

Grab Clutch. Check.

Change to first gear. Ch-

My Dad's voice caught my attention and my blood ran cold.

"You'll get an accident if you rush like that." He said, his body covering the doorway.

I was close to breaking down but he didn't budge. He had his arms crossed, as if hugging himself tightly.

"You'll leave me too huh." He scoffed. But not with the usual cocky expression he always had. It was like sadness itself painted over his face, his scoff sounding like self pity.

"Leave and don't come back." He said, "I'll hurt you if you do."

With a frown, he turned his back on me and went inside.

I sat on my motorcycle for a few seconds before properly turning on my Honda.

Pushing myself backwards, I left the driveway and drove away from the house, not before looking at it one last time with a heavy heart.