Chapter 27

Elizabeth's POV

"Oh look it's almost 12am now." Chloe said as she took a bite of her burger.

"You wasted our time." I shook my head and took a sip of my drink.

We were sitting on the hood of her car on the parking lot, eating take-out burgers.

It's dark and empty, just how I like it.

"We're taking a break." She pointed out.

"This is the 3rd 'break' in just a few hours."

"Yeah, well, I was hungry." She took a gulp on her drink and pushed herself up. "Let's go home?"

"we still have one apartment to check." I stood up, went to the nearest trashcan and threw the plastic cup.

"But that was all the places we went! I listed it all." she huffed.

"You forgot one. It's blocks away from school, there's a library café that offers a place to stay if you work there."

I hear her curse under her breath, "it's midnight, they're probably asleep or the shop is closed or something." she mumbled.

"Let's just go" I rolled my eyes, "I know the owner there. I thought we were going there earlier so might as well check it."

We entered the car and I gave her directions to the place.

"Come on Chloe, Faster!" I complained. She was driving awfully slow and it's getting on my nerves.

"What do you mean?" She smirked, "I'm driving at the normal speed, see?" She pointed at the little circle just above her stirring wheel.

"It's just 15 kilometers per hour!"

"Let's just enjoy the breeze." She pressed a button on her door and both of our windows slid down.

"Oh come on." I groaned and my fingers pressed the bridge of my nose.

"You want speed?" She asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Alright." she looked at me sideways and flashed me a mischievous smile.

My face went pale in realization, "wai-"

I didn't get the chance to finish my sentence as Her foot step on the pedal.

The car accelerated. Fast.

The cold wind felt like little stabs on my face. "FUCK FUCK FUCK-"

My hand gripped the handle above me. My heartbeat was going miles per hour and I felt like my soul was already in the backseat, holding on for dear life.

"SHIT STOP STOP TOO FAST TOO FAST!!" I screeched while my eyes were closed tight.

"I THOUGHT YOU WANTED IT FAST!" She yelled back, laughing, the wind almost making her hard to hear.

After a few excruciating minutes, I felt the car slow down.

"Aaand we're here!" She exclaimed, still laughing out loud.

I couldn't reply, I had to catch my breath.

As soon as the car went into a complete halt, I unbuckled the seatbelt and opened the door,

"Hey wait-" She called out.

"Don't fucking talk to me."