Chapter 36

"Okay so-" I cleared my throat and told her the things that were needed. She put them on the marble table and I checked if everything was settled.

Salted Butter, 2 eggs, sugar(brown and white), vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and salt. All there.

I also checked the equipment to use and it was all there.

"Good, now we preheat the oven-" I said and walked past her, crouched down so I could see it much better "-to 375 degrees F."

"Then to the ingredients." I said and stood beside her, pointing out to the butter.

"What kind of help do you wanna do." I turned to her and didn't realized close we were. I quickly looked away and stepped to the side a little so I could give her a little space.

I could feel the tension, it became worse when we complimented each other earlier.

I sighed.

"What?" Chlo asked worriedly.

"Nothing." I assured her.

I coughed to remind her.

"Oh yeah-" she looked like she was thinking, "I guess I could be your assistant as long as I could taste the dough." she giggled.

"Sure." I chuckled.

"Have you baked before?" I asked her.

"No, so I have no idea what to do."

"Okay." I smiled, "I'll tell you what to do and then you listen so next time you want cookies you won't wake me up again." I joked.

She must've took it seriously because she apologized.

"Don't be, I was kidding in the first place. Plus, I love baking so it's a win-win."

She smiled at me, "let's start?" I asked and she nodded.

"First we combine the dry ingredients. That includes flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder."

I pointed at the sifter beside the mixer, "can you get the sifter please?"

"Yep." she muttered and grabbed the sifter.

"Could you hold it for me?"

She held the sifter on top of the bowl and I carefully put the ingredients there.

"We put 3 cups of flour-"

"1 teaspoon of baking soda-"

"1/2 baking powder-"

"And a teaspoon of salt." I added them to the mix.

I stepped back and she stared at me.

"Oh I'm done." I forgot to tell her, "sift it."

She lightly shook the sifter and it was taking a long time.

"You gotta let the edge meet your palm so it goes down faster." I instructed.

She did what I told her but...

"Not like that." I said and stood beside her, I held her wrist (the one that's holding the sifter) and grabbed her other wrist and put it up just beside her.